Newcastle V Man City

Biggav

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got back in from the game of the season
forget your man u's and arsenals
this was an absolutely cracking game (if I was a man city fan i might disagree)
Mr Keegan managed us and lost twice 4-3 to liverpool in the last minute + then he is against us + the same thing happens. He must be well sick BLOBBY BLOBBY BLOBBY BLOBBY :lsabre: :lsabre: :lsabre:

Hands up all those that thought Graham Souness was the wrong man for the job.

I did but hes starting to win me over
doesnt take no poo poo from anyone
as long as he has learnt from his mistakes at blackburn as he seems to have left them in a bit of a mess

souness is the most overated manager possibly ever!
hes an arrogant manager that thinks just being tough and shouting at people will make them play better on the pitch, i think u were wrong to get rid of a legend (bobby robson) and bring in souness

just my two cents anyway

you thoughts mirrored a lot of peoples thoughts up here in the north east.
the general concensus at the time was that bobby had done as much as he could which we all are grateful for but he maybe should have stepped down in the summer. saying that the way the board went about things with bobby was disgraceful

i know yeah, newcastle are a team i like to watch, they've got good players and their fans are second to none, always have an amazing atmosphere in st james' park. i wouldnt want to be souness if the newcastle faithful turn against him.

hes got a great set of players at newcastle, the only way you can do badly this season is if souness messes up

Biggav said:
as long as he has learnt from his mistakes at blackburn as he seems to have left them in a bit of a mess

Oh just you wait, he will boot out all the good players and bring in the ones he wants, probably the ones he signed for blackburn......

Rumours are he wants Ferguson and Emerton......and newcastle already have better players..

It willnot be long befre there is a huge divide down the dressing room

as a player I think souness was good, as a manager I don't think he's much cop, I aggree with Mairyhinge. he does seem to have the blinkers on when going after a player he thinks is good and puts that player in front of well established good players, he's hard man attitude doesn't bring him respect in the dressing room either (Andy Cole and Dwight York spring to mind) quite the opposite, you only have to look at Bellamy's comments at him, and this was after only 3 weeks in charge, I don't like to sound negative but I'd put my house on this time next year everyone, players & fans will be against him and newcastle will have slipped well down in the league ratings

I was so gutted being a city fan. Losing in the last minute. What a disappointment. But ya know, ya get used to stuff like that when you support the most inconsistent team on the planet.

i see keegan's been hit with a charge from the FA for his comments on sunday.
i went to the game on sunday, and i can't see what he was crying about.
man city were given a penalty that in the replay showed that nicky butt got the ball.

steven carr was fouled by a defender and by david james for our penalty, neither was booked or even spoken to by the ref, on another day with an other ref they could have walked for being the last man.

the fact is keegan's under pressure for poor results on the field.

8780davy

what does a macum know about loyal support, most of them have abandoned the stadium of light for a spot on the legends show.

aww man being a city fan that game was horiable, i have no idea mcmanamon was on the pitch he cost us 2 goals at least....lets hope hes alack of fitness stops him being picked :)

Back