johnsta2007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

I've used on of these systems before, it was already installed by a company, and we got lots and lots of football in a place that serves beer!

However, I am moving from this place to another place and it already has a sat system in place, infact, it has 2...It has your run of the mill "SKY" and another kinda of system...

If I take the dreambox from this place i'm at now, and hook it up at the new place, will it work?

I know it currently needs to have an internet connection at all times, don't know why though?

Also, which of the 2 systems in the new place, should it be hooked up to?

Read the sticky at the top of this page on card sharing it will explain what the dreambox has been used for possibly. As for working on a new i.p I doubt it as files will have to be changed for a new i.p.

your dreambox connects to a server, if you are using this in a public house, then you are taking a VERY big risk

depending on how the server is setup depends on wether itll continue working in the new place, if its set to only allow you to access from your internet IP then it wont work, if its just set as a user/password then itll work fine

Back