Mum of dead six-day-old girl and owner of Alaskan malamute dog that killed her

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Horrified Sharon John ran screaming into the street after finding her newborn daughter savaged to death by the family's pet dog.

Neighbour Patricia Punter, 71, told how the frantic mum was shaking with terror as she sobbed: "I don't know what to do.

"The dog ate my baby's head!"

Moments earlier Sharon, 42, had found six-day-old Eliza-Mae lying dead next to her partner’s dog, an Alaskan malamute called Nisha.

Mrs Punter added: “It was terrible. Sharon was in a state of shock and just screaming. She kept saying, ‘The baby’s gone! He’s blaming
me for it.’ God knows what’s happened in there.”

Tiny Eliza-Mae had spent just two nights under the same roof as the dog.

Eliza-Mae Mullane Pontyberem death: Mum of six-day-old girl savaged by pet dog pictured along with owner of animal - Mirror Online

Jesus Christ they only had the dog a few months,didn't know its background and then they leave it alone with their newborn baby,who was only out of the intensive care unit herself a few days,

Beggars belief :Chainsaw:

RIP Little Angel

Jesus Christ they only had the dog a few months,didn't know its background and then they leave it alone with their newborn baby,who was only out of the intensive care unit herself a few days,

Beggars belief :Chainsaw:

RIP Little Angel

That may be the case and in which case I would agree with you, but we don't know the full details and it may have been that they had just turned their backs for a few seconds or a minute and although we might not like to admit it we have all done things like that. How many have been on the beach on in the park with their kids and the next thing you know one of them can't be seen straight away and you've had the panic set in ?
It is tragic and a poor helpless baby has lost it's life, but we should not lambast the parents until all the facts are known. I have heard others say about how stupid having a dog that they got in a pub and know nothing about it's past. Many on here and I am included in that number, have rescue dogs.......is that any different ?
The Malamute is not a dog I would personally want but that is just me, if I remember correctly there are a couple of members on here who have them and I am sure that at least one that is a rescue dog........I bet they will be able to tell you that they are a wonderful breed.
Although we have dogs as pets, many of us forget that they are a domesticated version of a wild animal and unfortunately some can sometimes revert to their origin no matter how good or badly they have been treated or trained and of course some morons even treat and train their dogs to behave in the manner of their origins.
A sad situation and until proven otherwise we should also give a though to the parents of the poor baby. RIP :rip:

You don't leave any children alone with any dogs, no one can say for sure ANY dog is 100% safe. Such a tragedy

Buying a dog in a pub on a night out - very irresponsible, nothing on its history or anything then we have no idea how it's been treat in their care.

What a horrible outcome

You don't leave any children alone with any dogs, no one can say for sure ANY dog is 100% safe. Such a tragedy

Buying a dog in a pub on a night out - very irresponsible, nothing on its history or anything then we have no idea how it's been treat in their care.

What a horrible outcome

Valid points in all posts. A further point though, have you never done anything irresponsible in a pub?

I'm just grateful not to have to suffer the consequences!

Yes, never left a baby with an unsupervised animal though :(

I'll refrain from further comment.

And neither have I, but I wasn't trying to defend that element, more the idea that having a rescue dog, on impulse, is automatically irresponsible.

When my daughters were young we had two rescue dogs, both for a few years. All four played happily together in the garden for days on end.
They were always loosely supervised, by sight or sound, but with hindsight I wonder if we would have had time to intervene if necessary.

Makes me shudder to think about it!

The irresponsible bit is getting ANY DOG on impulse when pissed from some random in a pub. I have no problem with rescue dogs provided u are prepared to take it on and give it the time and care it may need.

I've had a previous rescue dog, even went first to get a rescue for my current dog but there were none I thought I do justice to esp now I have kids

I have 2 young girls and after all this media of these horror stories whenever we are in a park and see a dog not on a leash I always pick my girls up. I rather not take the chance with any dog. Regardless of breed or size.
My thoughts are with the family.

Horrified Sharon John ran screaming into the street after finding her newborn daughter savaged to death by the family's pet dog.

Neighbour Patricia Punter, 71, told how the frantic mum was shaking with terror as she sobbed: "I don't know what to do.

"The dog ate my baby's head!"

Moments earlier Sharon, 42, had found six-day-old Eliza-Mae lying dead next to her partner’s dog, an Alaskan malamute called Nisha.

Mrs Punter added: “It was terrible. Sharon was in a state of shock and just screaming. She kept saying, ‘The baby’s gone! He’s blaming
me for it.’ God knows what’s happened in there.”

Tiny Eliza-Mae had spent just two nights under the same roof as the dog.

Eliza-Mae Mullane Pontyberem death: Mum of six-day-old girl savaged by pet dog pictured along with owner of animal - Mirror Online

Personally I think this story is the usual sensationalist tabloid rubbish.
IF the dog attacked the baby then I'm sure it would have been revealed long before now. It's never taken this long before, on any of the other tragic dog attack cases.
Think the papers are doing the usual 2+2=5 to sell some papers.

The irresponsible bit is getting ANY DOG on impulse when pissed from some random in a pub. I have no problem with rescue dogs provided u are prepared to take it on and give it the time and care it may need.

I've had a previous rescue dog, even went first to get a rescue for my current dog but there were none I thought I do justice to esp now I have kids

Isn't that statement going a bit far ?
First of all we don't even know if the dog had been left alone with the baby, which I pointed out earlier and now you are saying the guy was in the pub pissed when he acquired the dog.........................I've not seen or heard any evidence to this assumption. You have almost hung drawn and quartered the parents before anyone knows the details of what occured.
Even if it turns out to be the way you are suggesting, it will have been tragic and probably avoidable loss of a baby's life but even then the parents irresponsible or not will have to suffer the lose of the child and also shoulder the guilt of their stupidity.

First of all we don't even know if the dog had been left alone with the baby

I'm sorry but no-one knows if the dog has actually done anything!
Until there is evidence then how can anyone be blamed...either human or canine!

Ok, i admit I assumed he was pissed. Doesn't change the fact in the circumstances how he got the dog. I wasn't assigning any blame to any one person or act as I don't know any more than what's over the tv and Internet reported so far. I'm sure if it a 'dangerous' breed there would be much more hysteria

A terrible tragedy has happened, no-one would deny what's happened to those new parents is the worst thing imaginable and my thoughts are with them tonight

I'm sorry but no-one knows if the dog has actually done anything!
Until there is evidence then how can anyone be blamed...either human or canine!

Well, Monsieur 'Fangface' Poirot, your alternative solution is? One dead child in the room and one Alaskan Malamute.

Forgive me for being a bit 'Inspector Japp' but I don't see any issue?

Simple case of 'stupid rules' - shoot me...

Well, Monsieur 'Fangface' Poirot, your alternative solution is? One dead child in the room and one Alaskan Malamute.

Forgive me for being a bit 'Inspector Japp' but I don't see any issue?

Simple case of 'stupid rules' - shoot me...

And yet the police STILL haven't said that the dog killed the baby??

But obviously "Sherlock Him Her" knows more about this case than everyone else.
Were you there? Did you know the parents?
Usual drivel from people who think they are the worlds spokesman on everything.
People deal in facts Him her...not forum willy wanging to be the big man!

Ok, i admit I assumed he was pissed. Doesn't change the fact in the circumstances how he got the dog. I wasn't assigning any blame to any one person or act as I don't know any more than what's over the tv and Internet reported so far. I'm sure if it a 'dangerous' breed there would be much more hysteria

A terrible tragedy has happened, no-one would deny what's happened to those new parents is the worst thing imaginable and my thoughts are with them tonight

Well, we're going to disagree about whether that part is irresponsible. Fair enough.:)

I just think how he got the dog is not really relevant, and will leave it there.

As for the last part, I couldn't agree more.

Back