MSN Messenger for DS

english

Inactive User
Reaction score
Now that you’ve seen the Opera browser, check out Beup — a full-featured version of MSN Messenger for the Nintendo DS. See it in action after the jump.

“You dont get a stripped down version with half of the features missing it supports everything avatars and emoticons, a custom log-in status, shows if the user is typing and you can even send and receive ink messages which will be great fun using the stylus”

Video here:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiiWW3KOMS8&eurl=[/ame]

Beup here:

http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10060&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=334

hah quality, gonna have to try that out.

the scribble mode using the pen sounds cool. Ive never actually tried the wireless part of the DS. I assume it will connect to my wireless router without much of a problem? Have been tempted to try mario cart through it but didnt think roms would connect.

To get BeUp to work properly you must have already configured your router using a wifi game (ie tetris, mario kart, metroid prime or animal crossing)

It should work fine without having to change any settings on your router, any problems just yell.

explosivo said:
i'm going to get one of those usb wi fi thingys and try this ds online malarky.

:Clap:

Do you have a wireless router already?

i'll try and find the link i remember reading about, which explained how you can modify the firmware of certain usb wireless adapters so that they work in the same way as the nintendo adaptor, could save you £10-£15

well i configured mario kart and played a few games on there so i know the wireless connx to my router works fine. installed beup and had to select my router from the list. It asked for an ip address and a few other settings. I just put in the ip address details that were in the router config. It said it connected fine and just sat on handshaking with the msn server. Never managed to log into it. Shame.

Also has anybody got the opera ds browser working with the supercard yet? Ive got the latest firmware on the ds that comes with the supercard software (updated on 4th august) but it just comes up with 2 white screens.

Cheerz
JR

instead of manually entering the ip etc. I think there should be an option to tell beup to use the settings on the firmware.

And Opera does not work with the supercard or any other adapters yet as it requires the additional ram cart to be inserted. Though I have heard homebrew developers are working onit

The Nintendo DS Browser is co-developed by Nintendo and Opera and provides web browsing on the Nintendo DS. The Opera browser software is stored on the Nintendo DS cartridge, a memory expansion will be inserted into the GBA slot.

do u think that will come with it ?

my little one will love this when it gets here , there going to make a packet out of that m8

smirnoff_rules said:
The Nintendo DS Browser is co-developed by Nintendo and Opera and provides web browsing on the Nintendo DS. The Opera browser software is stored on the Nintendo DS cartridge, a memory expansion will be inserted into the GBA slot.

do u think that will come with it ?

Yes the memory expansion unit is included, basically all it has is extra ram. Alot of the flash adapters may have the capability to mimic it so it could be hacked in the near future. Though I would rather buy it soon as possible.

There are a few video guides of the jap version on youtube so check them out. Though I won't be importing as the jap version does not have english menu's. Expect the European version in early Sept. Prob cost around £30 (gues-timate)

aint been on here for a while, saw all this info for the DS, gotta say some cool gear, browsin on the Ds is gonna be a winner

Back