mp3 tags

karym6

DW Regular
Reaction score
hi all,

just been adding some stuff to my ipod, i always get annoyed at this due to the fact i have a bunch of tracks at the top call "trackn, artist, album"

i dont suppose anyone knows of a good application or service that will get the track, artist and album info for me? itunes refuses to pick any of it up :(

there is an application called Tag and Rename.

It will access the album database and to your id3 tags and you can alter the name of the file using a selection of switches

Tag & Rename is brilliant. Don't forget you can pull the details from Amazon and get the album art for you ipod as well.

i downloaded it before i left for work this morning, will give it a go this evening when return and report back

just gave this a whiz, failed unfortunately.

one of the unknown albums is definitely Tranceformer 2000, however tag&replace picks it up as david bowie.

The other albums, I jsut dont know who has made the music - i am pretty certain that the ultimate hardcore album is the source as it is french guitar music :)

It also failed to pick up Dizzee Rascal which is a bit of a shame :(

back to drawing board i suppose - any other suggestions?

you can burn to cd and rip it back to itunes, a pain i know but if you don't want to do it manulally.

windows media player usually does all that if u put the files in your media library, it even downloads the media art for you.

also, ive not this used personally but its been recommended as ideal for what you want:

http://musicbrainz.org/

Dependent on the source of your tracks there may not be enough tag info to allow the application to identify them and fill in the blanks. i had this problem and used Mp3tag to manually fill them in. Takes a while but works a treat.

get it at Mp3tag

Just re-read your post and noticed this isn't actually what you're after. Still it's pretty good to use.

Last edited:
Back