MAJOR Problem with PS3 this morning

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Switched ps3 on this morning file system corrupt wont restore and wants to format the drive, 640gig with 33 games on etc etc. NO!!!!

Been in safe mode tried to do file system restore from there , choose yes, comes up with preparing please wait and nothing.

Hoping I dont have to format and lose all the kids games or replace HDD, any ideas Lads?

Switched ps3 on this morning file system corrupt wont restore and wants to format the drive, 640gig with 33 games on etc etc. NO!!!!

Been in safe mode tried to do file system restore from there , choose yes, comes up with preparing please wait and nothing.

Hoping I dont have to format and lose all the kids games or replace HDD, any ideas Lads?

Have you tried taking the HD out of the Ps3 then trying to boot it up as an external on the PC. Then recovering the files. Then put it back in the Ps3. Then format and restore?

Have you tried taking the HD out of the Ps3 then trying to boot it up as an external on the PC. Then recovering the files. Then put it back in the Ps3. Then format and restore?

Wont work - there is no way to recover files from a ps3 hard drive via pc

I've restored it the files unfortunately had to format. Kid not happy. winging like fook, as he has to start from scratch on all his games. my fault should have backed them and the game data up.

So HDD seems to be working ok now. will sort it through the week one way or the other. if I have to buy a new drive, that's the way it goes lol

THANK YOU for taking the time to reply to this post LADS

my ps3 hard drive died a few years ago and I was absolutely gutted all my saves etc lost - have PSN+ now so all my saves are backed up to the cloud so don't have to worry about it happening again

Back