mac os x and dreambox

mush

Inactive User
Reaction score
what programs you guys using to control, edit, view, record from dreambox on mac os x?

what programs you guys using to control, edit, view, record from dreambox on mac os x?

Sorry m8, only just noticed your post. I use a nice app called iDreamX you will find it on MacUpdate.com

It's a very simple tool for doing everything you would with a PC on you Mac. You can even stream to your HD to record movies etc.

for some reason i can't watch sat tv on my macbook with vlc even with this idreamx. i tried to use
latest oficial build from videolan.org site, and tried with latest svn build. still cant see.. :/
idreamx is working itself, i can watch channels list, change channels. Is it possible what
i need something to configure on dreambox itself?

I use mplayer to stream on my Mac, not figured out VLC only recording I think.
** Just checked VLC is working for me but I find mplayer more stable.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/18580/mplayer

1) Open iDreamX
2) Click the B for the Bouquet tool
3) Check the AutoZap feature
4) Choose your channel and click it
5) At the top in Streaming click stream to mplayer

Good Luck, any questions just ask.

Try these Streaming options in VLC see if that works.

Last edited:
how much bandwitch eats dreambox, when its transmiting stream?
i have so many artifacts on mplayer. I just connected dreambox
to belkin wirelles repeater, belkin connects to linksys router wich is connected
to dsl, i'm connected with macbook to linksys. It still must be able to transmit
800kb/s.

Not sure how much bandwidth it eats but if you tweak a few settings you should make it watchable. Funny thing is is you record via it you get no problems, only when watching it.

ye i noticed that, all recordings is ok. but there exactly should i tweak parameters
of mplayer? it must be somewhere in config file? or maybe this is because it's not using
mencoder? maybe it's possible to make shortcut on desktop for mplayer, just click
and play. it will be easer for my girlfriend to watch on macbook in kitchen :)
i'll find out after job.

Back