Louis Van Gaal relegation fight

Cressi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Key to survival is taking points off our relegation rivals, insists Van Gaal

Following his side’s nil-nil draw with Burnley, Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal has urged his squad to continue taking points off their relegation rivals to ensure their Premier League survival

The Dutchman, who took the helm after Holland’s successful failure to win the World Cup, expressed pleasure at the Red Devil’s refusal to let last years’ promoted sides get away from them in the early Premier League standings.

“Before coming to Old Trafford, I saw from a distance a side that lacked both heart and invention,” he told reporters.

“Now that I am here in person, I see a much more expensive side that lacks both heart and invention.”

“A club like Manchester United must strive to keep it’s head above water against classy workman-like teams assembled for the transfer value of Tom Cleverley.”

“We have our sponsors to think about, which is why remaining in the Premier League is so important. It’s my number one priority this season.”

“And taking a point off Burnley is a massive step in the right direction. It bodes well for the future.”
Manchester United relegation battle

Van Gaal went on to urge patience from Old Trafford season ticket holders concerned at their position in the league table reflecting their level of performance.

“It’s going to take a little time to get to know how to control the referee’s here in the UK, and for rival managers to get to know what bottle of wine is my favourite.”

“Though I am starting Glaswegian lessons next week.’

How will learning Weegie keep Manchester United in the Premier League.???? :Laugh:

Back