LD-3w and LD-4W

hoss6800

Member ++
Reaction score
hi,

Can someone explain what is the difference between these two Wireless GPS Module (LD-3w and LD-4W). I was looking on nokia website and trying to find out how to use nokia map with external GPS on a nokia 6600 SLIDE for a friend. There I noticed that he needs a LD-4W to be able to use nokia map as sat nav and apparently there are some charges on using it.

I tried to pair the phone with my own Holox BT 321 gps receiver. although Holox is paired and found satellite, phone still waiting for signal.

Can some one explain why?

Thanks

The Nokia devices are incremented regularly to provide support for more phones as well as include additional bluetooth support etc.

Now Nokia owns some nav software, they have been updated to work with this also (the LD-4W).

With regards to the Holox, if it has paired and found sattelites, why does the phone need signal? Depending on your nav software, you shouldnt really need it. Or are you using the Nokia Maps app?

Hi,

And thanks for reply,

Yes, I was trying to get nokia map to work with my Holox BT 321 gps receiver. But I just found out that there is License cost for using the nokia map (Nokia Europe - Nokia Maps - Pricing). Is there any other software compatible with phone (6600 Slide).

Thanks

Off the top of my head, no I dont think there is any other software. The same question got asked recently about TomTom for this phone.

You get a 90 day license with Nokia Maps for free though, isnt that enough for now?

Your phone is an S40 device so you need java based gps software such as Amaze, Google Maps, GMaps, J2ME Map and so on....... Nokia Maps for S40 hasn't been hacked yet unlike the S60 version.

Your phone is an S40 device so you need java based gps software such as Amaze, Google Maps, GMaps, J2ME Map and so on....... Nokia Maps for S40 hasn't been hacked yet unlike the S60 version.
How has the S60 version been hacked?

Use Google and search for Nokia Maps Cracked Illusion or go here: http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?t=308041&highlight=nokia+maps

From one of the earlier releases:

UPDATED
Finally illusion had disabled that Nokia Maps annoying pop-up nag screens that occur before every navigation session to make sure that it works go to Options Extras Drive & Walk accept terms & conditions and select your region then you will see "License for the region already exists".
- License Manager isn't required.
- Accept terms & conditions(removed).
- Selecting country/region(removed).
- Try and buy navigation upgrade notice(removed)
Nokia.Maps.v2.0.2602.S60v3.SymbianOS9.1.Unsigned.C racked.Proper.Read.NFO-illusion
See the world in a new way with Nokia Maps. With downloadable maps for more than 200 countries, and millions of points of interest to be discovered, there are treasures to be found and shared.
Explore…
You can find your destination and plan your route street by street, city to city. You can get a different perspective with satellite, hybrid, and street maps. And, you can enhance your visit with multimedia city guides.
Drive…
Get a clear view of the road ahead with Drive. World-class car navigation with turn-by-turn visual and voice guidance, plus added real-time traffic feeds and dynamic re-routing to help you arrive on time.
...or Walk
Innovative turn-by-turn pedestrian navigation, Walk is the shortcut to learning a new city on foot. With advanced multi-sensor positioning, you can cut corners like a local or hop on at clearly marked transport stops.
Let Nokia Maps show you the way.

Finally i had disabled that Nokia Maps annoying pop-up nag screens that occur before every navigation session
to make sure that it works go to Options Extras Drive & Walk accept terms & conditions and select your region then you will see "License for the region already exists" as you see in screenshot below

Last edited:
Back