Laptop Wanted

S

speccy

Looking for a 2nd hand lappy around £200. Any suggestions.

Ok got my laptop from ebay, just waiting for it to arrive. Thing is it was advertised as having a faulty battery. Its a Compaq armada PII 366. I think its the 1700 model not sure till I get it.
Any suggestions as to where a battery may be obtainable and how much or has anyone got one.

try conditioning battery, charge battery then discharge it about 3 times, might work.

Bought an Apple laptop on ebay recently for a friend. Bastard advertised it as 366mhz with 6gb hard drive. Turned out to be 300mhz with 3gb hard drive. Managed to get it sorted out by reporting him to ebay fraud squad but could have done without the hassle.

Be careful !!

:Kickassro :Kickassro :Kickassro

Flash £93 with vat. Must be some cheaper than that somewhere.

Gareth, best way to discharge please without shorting.

Naz I know its dodgey sometimes on ebay but Im hoping that its going to be ok. The guy has a shop on ebay and has lots of previous selling history.

Don't know if this will work but i done this with a camcorder battery i managed to get the case apart which contained nothing much more than 6 AA rechargeable batteries i just got 6 new rechargeable batteries and soldered them in the same as they were in the case and put the case back together which i must admit the case was a bit worse for ware after i had forced it apart as they do not intend them to be opened also it was quite hard to get the solider to take to the battery terminals but it makes it easy if you rub the chrome off the batteries terminals before you solider them if the battery is shagged then you don't have much to lose if you give it a go i don't now how much service you will get from the batteries as after doing this as i got rid of the camcorder around 2 months later but it worked up until i sold it and i ripped the batteries out after that and used them as just AA rechargeable batteries

Did not realise that they were so pricey. Not suprised now no one tried to outbid me.

Damage, sounds like a good idea does that. It should arrive around tues or wed. I will keep you informed. If I nack it up it dont really matter if its already goosed.

again back to camcorders i did not do this to discharge my battery but a m8 of mine made up a gagit which was just a simple 2 wires connected to a 12volt light bulb to completely discharge his

Thanks for links and avice lads. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow so I can have a better idea.

Back