Junior school help

audiobookman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I wonder if anyone can help,
We have a family wedding on a friday in september, to attend the wedding we would have to take the kids out of school 2 hours early.
Our three kids have a excellent attendance record, and we have never requested any leave in all the years they have attended.
The wedding is my wifes nephew, they are a close family and it will cause upset if we dont attend.

We requested the leave and it came back under no uncertain terms would it be accepted, they thew it straight out.

Im livid as were not asking for a whole day, and know that they do not do anything that time of the day on a friday (eldest daughter complains about this all the time).
What really annoys me is they close the school for polling station (when there is a church and another hall nearby) and constant teacher training days (twice in a week last month that we had to take time of work for) - then they say losing 2 hours will affect their education - i call BS.

I have half a mind to contact the local rag to rant about this but wondering if anyone has any tips to try and get them out of school so were not breaking this crooked law.

The only people these laws affect are the law abiding people, i cannot choose my leave dates so for the third year on the trot were not able to have any holidays because of this.

Wow that's really bad ive been reading alot of late for people get alot of fines just for having a couple days off.Aint like my schooldays where i could have weeks of and get away with it.

All i know is as i dont have any kids but read up on alot of subjects is.You must write to the head to ask for permission and wait for the decision which i assume you have done on this case and they have said a stern NO.I would take it further tbh mate maybe your local council?or teacher/parents board or whatever its called now days?

I shall have an ask around and see what i can find mate would it be ok to use your quote to ask a few peeps i wont mention no names so dw.

Phone the school up on the day and tell them that your kids are feeling unwell. Let them try and dare prove you wrong. Fook em mate, enjoy the wedding. ;)

Unbelievable shite, my Kids school is strict but that is beyond a joke, As long as they get their attendance mark for the afternoon they will still have a full attendance record. Id be telling the head my kids will be at the wedding with or without their permission

Wow that's really bad ive been reading alot of late for people get alot of fines just for having a couple days off.Aint like my schooldays where i could have weeks of and get away with it.

All i know is as i dont have any kids but read up on alot of subjects is.You must write to the head to ask for permission and wait for the decision which i assume you have done on this case and they have said a stern NO.I would take it further tbh mate maybe your local council?or teacher/parents board or whatever its called now days?

I shall have an ask around and see what i can find mate would it be ok to use your quote to ask a few peeps i wont mention no names so dw.

Please do!!,

Im also thinking of taking it up with our local MP, things have become so one sided now in the governments favour its really starting to affect millions of people.
From the information ive been getting now all heads are instructed to decline all leave not matter what forthwith, this has came down from from the government who have 3 months holidays in the summer and gawd knows how many other holidays the rest of the year.
I was thinking along the same lines of just taking them out sick etc, but it would stand out like a sore thumb all three especially as we have tried being straight with them and requested it.
Im not going to pay one of those fines (yet another government tax imo) for the sake of 2 hours

Time for another letter, telling them you Will be taking your kids out of school 2 hours early !! Then explain that you tried the polite way and were given a stern rebuke, which you believe was given without any proper consideration. However, as this is a family wedding and that your kids have a previous perfect attendance level and that you have also not been able to have previous holidays because your holiday dates do not fit in with school holidays, you are not prepared to allow your kids to miss out on a family celebration, because you believe that family standards and links are just as important to embrace as the education gained at a Junior school !!
Good Luck, and enjoy the Wedding, with your kids in attendance with you.

How bloody bad are schools now days? after what @audiobookman has had probs with and the story what @shaun127 has posted this is stupid if i had kids they wouldnt be in mainstream over the past couple of years ive read that the school system dont teach anything but crap anyway.Most of it is just covered up lies aswell.I truly hope you have a brill wedding mate @audiobookman and dont let them push you around just do as suggested just ring up and say they are ill.

eff the system

Last edited by a moderator:
my daughter in law wrote to the local mp's office did the trick school couldn't apologise enough, 2 min email could help you too
p.s this was for a similar situation and for a full day

I would definitely go in and speak to the head teacher. Sometimes letters, emails don't show the importance of the request and doing it in person would b better.

Back