John Terry banned for 4 games by FA

How would that work..... he was found guilty of misconduct not of racist abuse.

How would that work..... he was found guilty of misconduct not of racist abuse.

Correct

I think that's were this thread is going wrong.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

John Terry did insult Anton Ferdinand - FA statement

"We have watched the film footage many times. In the critical phase, during which he uses the words, Mr Terry can be seen to be smiling initially, before his facial expression changes to disdainful and contemptuous.
"At no point is his demeanour and facial expression that of someone who is imploring, injured, or even quizzical in the face of an unfounded allegation by Mr Ferdinand that he had just been racially abusive towards him.
"Anger is a conceivable reaction to such an accusation, but at no time does Mr. Terry convey any sense of 'no, I didn't‟t' with his facial expression, or body language."
The report adds: "In the light of those findings, the commission is quite satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that there is no credible basis for Mr Terry's defence that his use of the words were directed at Ferdinand by way of forceful rejection and/or inquiry.
"Instead, we are quite satisfied, and find on the balance of probabilities, that the offending words were said by way of insult."

BBC Sport - John Terry did insult Anton Ferdinand - FA statement

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. I totally agree with their finding.

John Terry did insult Anton Ferdinand - FA statement

"We have watched the film footage many times. In the critical phase, during which he uses the words, Mr Terry can be seen to be smiling initially, before his facial expression changes to disdainful and contemptuous.
"At no point is his demeanour and facial expression that of someone who is imploring, injured, or even quizzical in the face of an unfounded allegation by Mr Ferdinand that he had just been racially abusive towards him.
"Anger is a conceivable reaction to such an accusation, but at no time does Mr. Terry convey any sense of 'no, I didn't‟t' with his facial expression, or body language."
The report adds: "In the light of those findings, the commission is quite satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that there is no credible basis for Mr Terry's defence that his use of the words were directed at Ferdinand by way of forceful rejection and/or inquiry.
"Instead, we are quite satisfied, and find on the balance of probabilities, that the offending words were said by way of insult."

BBC Sport - John Terry did insult Anton Ferdinand - FA statement

Humm, wonder how many times the same, or similar, has been said to young Ferdinand.
yet he chooses only this incident to complain about?
are we to believe this is the only time it has happened? (c'mon now be real)

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. I totally agree with their finding.

Is it just me or does the saying "Birds of a feather" spring to mind ?

Humm, wonder how many times the same, or similar, has been said to young Ferdinand.

I might me slightly biased but I think he only done it to get big brother back the England captaincy, he wasn't to know that he was too shit to make the squad.

Is it just me or does the saying "Birds of a feather" spring to mind ?

Big stitch up at the fa as usual.

.....because something happens a lot does not make it right. Does it?

Sorry I could not resist :) lol

.....because something happens a lot does not make it right. Does it?

no, indeed not.
but it does not make it wrong either.
what make it wrong, is the way the target reacts to it.
if he has ignored these comments, for years.
why all of a sudden does he complain now?

as i have said, this whole thing has the smell of Rio, about it.

something else i noticed here.
the FA, effectively, accused Mr A Cole of perjury.
facets of this story will run on for some time.

Back