Jeff Beck: British guitar legend dies aged 78

Totally unique, he was always evolving, innovating and improving and his style never got stale or copied.
A true guitar legend amongst guitar legends.

Thanks for the music Jeff RIP.

RIP Jeff Beck

"Hi Ho Silver Lining"

Jeff Beck legend.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I must admit that like everyone else i have heard of Jeff Beck,im old enough to remember him from way back , he was just another artist that somehow past me bye , he is not the only one tbh...but having taken the time over the last few days to really listern to his music, boy have i been impressed..Not all Hi Ho Silver Lining etc , though probably thats what steered me away from him at the time. Saddened to hear of his demise but be sure me and my neighbours are gonna hear and celebrate him..RIP Jeff

I must admit that like everyone else i have heard of Jeff Beck,im old enough to remember him from way back , he was just another artist that somehow past me bye , he is not the only one tbh...but having taken the time over the last few days to really listern to his music, boy have i been impressed..Not all Hi Ho Silver Lining etc , though probably thats what steered me away from him at the time. Saddened to hear of his demise but be sure me and my neighbours are gonna hear and celebrate him..RIP Jeff
A musician appreciating Jeff back just before he passed.

Jeff's versions of Sleepwalk and Over the Rainbow showed how unique his style and his talent was as he could go from such numbers through all sorts of the blues through to rock and even metal.

One thing is for certain, other than Hi Ho Silver Lining, he never made anything bad and he never did any of that C RAP, Hip Hop, or Drill stuff

Jeff's versions of Sleepwalk and Over the Rainbow showed how unique his style and his talent was as he could go from such numbers through all sorts of the blues through to rock and even metal.

One thing is for certain, other than Hi Ho Silver Lining, he never made anything bad and he never did any of that C RAP, Hip Hop, or Drill stuff
You’ve probably heard Guthrie but wow he has some licks.
😮

Last edited:
@Sandra51 I know it’s not guitar but wow could Oscar Peterson improvise and play a piano. Every time I watch it I am astonished.

I tried playing the piano a few times but I could never get my left hand to work independently of my right hand for some reason.
One of my uncle's had a piano accordion when I was a child and I could play the piano side a little but the left side buttons were no good for me either.

I think my left hand only wants to work with strings and frets 🤔

Back