Installing Xecutor 2.6 in 1.6 machine

Goldberg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant take the credit for this guys (borrowed from somewhere else) but it should help. Just saves me having to type it lol:

firstly allways remember preperation and the right tools is so important to a good job, make sure you have a good quality soldering iron, decent quality solder, a flux pen, de solder braid in case of mistakes. and some good quality wire.

follow these instructions on this website for the installation of a 2.6 xecuter modchip in a 1.6 xbox: http://www.consoleworld.gr/mode c...202.6 1.6.htm

once you have your xbox modchip installed you need to make sure its working, on the external switch box set the bank switch to number 2, chip enable to on and flash protect to off.

power on your xbox. if you have installed correctly then you will then see the blue cromwell screen. press a to load bios from the xbox dvd drive.

you now need to make a bios cd.

to do this you will need the following tools:
x2 bios manager 2.2 from here: http://www.teamxecuter.com/index.ph...ddetails&lid=12

click on the download now text to download this file.

you will need the exox m8_16 bios. this is a little harder to find and you should try google, it took me 20 mins to find a working download in google.

once you have found the m8 bios save it to your pc or my documents etc. the file should be 256k.

next unzip the x2 bios manager 2.2 to a folder and click on x2bm to run the program

to the left you will see bank 1, 2, 3, 4

left click in bank 1

click open

look for the m8 bios you just downloaded and select this

left click in bank 3 then click open and repeat again

then select all the banks and click save

save it with the name bios

now close the program and go look where you just saved the bios you just created, it should be 1024k

if it is 1024k then you are nearly done.

you now need to make a dummy file so that your xbox will read the cd you will make

download this utility:

http://www.teamxecuter.com/downloads/dummyfile.zip

unzip the program and run dummyfile.exe

change the number to 100 to make a 100mb file then select pick location to tell it where to make the dummyfile - i suggest the same place as your bios file you just made as you will put both on a cdrw soon.

then click build to make your dummy file.

you now have everything you need to get started.

burn both the files you just made - the 1024k bios and the 100mb dummyfile onto a good quality cdrw or dvd-r

put into your xbox and select load bios from disk (if you have not done so) your dvd drive will pop out so just bob it back in again (close it with the cd you just made in it)

you will see it should say flashing do not turn off. once its finished it will reboot your xbox.

take out the cd and try a game

everything should have now loaded fine.

you can also put slayer evox 2.6 on your new xbox without any problems.

i hope this helps you.

some people say to put m8_16bios on bank 2 to get things to work, this is half true YOU NEED TO MAKE A 1mb bios to get things working properly with the 1.6 xboxes.

PS: THIS IS MY OWN STEP BY STEP AND NOT COPIED FROM ANYWHERE, ITS BEEN HARD FINDING HELP AND INFORMATION.

Back