How to stream from TM600 to PC ??

crisscross

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, just about got my head around my fab new TM600 setup, thanks to some great advice from people on here.

I just wondered if there is an "idiots guide" to streaming content wirelessly from the box to a pc?

Thanks

Type www. 192.88.1****(your receivers IP) into ie and it will come up asking for your username and pass. Once entered select vlc on rh side. If you do not already have vlc dl it it is free. After that you can view

Last edited:
Thanks fearona, I followed the instructions but when i press on vlc it opens Windows Media Player and says "Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or delete"

I have VLC Media Player 0.9.4 on my PC do I need different version?

Thanks

you need to open video.m3u with vlc and not windows media player.

Hi ToneDeff

Hate to ask this ....but how?

Do I have to download video.m3u or is it part of VLC?

I really am out of my depth here!

Where's one of Digidude's step by step guides when you need one!!!

video.m3u is what you download when you click on the VLC button in webui

i guess you are using internet explorer and .m3u is associated with Windows Media Player.

if when you click on VLC it gives you an option to save file or open with, you need to download it or set it to open with VLC rather then WMP

Think I am getting warmer!

I've changed the file association to VLC, unfortunately I now get the following message

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://192.168.1.xx:xxx9/0,ffffffff,ffffffff,xxx17320,xxx17461,0008'.
Check the log for details

Any ideas what I am doing wrong now?

Is my VLC the correct version?

i tell you how to do it mate :)

1) open notepad first

2) copy this:

http://root:[email protected]/video.m3u

PASSWORD : your box password if you have any

XXX: the number is variable so press LAN on your remote to see it.

3) after that save as MyStream.m3u

MyStream can be any name btw.

4) enter your ip in the browser. find a channel.
than just press on MyStream.m3u and it will open vlc.

5) if you change channel you need to press on mystream.m3u again.
====

this is what i do and it works and i have the latest version of vlc

Thanks for posting that danjel, i'd been looking for a way to make a shortcut for opening stream without having to reload webui everytime i changed channel

tried getting zapstream working but it needs "inetd.conf" changed and i couldnt find away to do that using /var/

@ToneDeff

what i don't like of the webui is that it does not incorporate an internal player in itself :(

so lately i tried playing with dreamView which uses vlc but sounds like you don't need to launch it every time.

i managed to download my channel list on my pc and it worked but when i play the channel i get a blank screen.

so possibly i am entering the video and audio port wrongly or some other setting wrongly:proud:

so if you can try playing with it maybe we manage to solve the problem :banana:

The webui has a player that changes video with channel etc.

click on "WEB-X-TV" text, top left under the UR logo.

makes sure you have VLC 0.8.6i installed and the firefox plugin you have to enable in the install. newer versions of vlc don't work with web-x for some reason.

only problem i have with it is that it doesn't deinterlace video. so you get horizontal lines on high motion scenes

edit:
if you already have vlc installed but didnt install the firefox plugin i think yu can enable it by...

"Copy the two files in VLC_Installation_folder\mozilla (usually C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\mozilla)
to your mozilla plugins directory (Usually C:\Program Files\Mozilla\plugins or C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins)."

Last edited:
The webui has a player that changes video with channel etc.

click on "WEB-X-TV" text, top left under the UR logo.

makes sure you have VLC 0.8.6i installed and the firefox plugin you have to enable in the install. newer versions of vlc don't work with web-x for some reason.

only problem i have with it is that it doesn't deinterlace video. so you get horizontal lines on high motion scenes

edit:
if you already have vlc installed but didnt install the firefox plugin i think yu can enable it by...

"Copy the two files in VLC_Installation_folder\mozilla (usually C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\mozilla)
to your mozilla plugins directory (Usually C:\Program Files\Mozilla\plugins or C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins)."

my firefox fail to install the plugin.. is that because i have the latest version of vlc?

Hi Danjel, many thanks - you are a star.

I have now got video and audio on my pc.

Unfortunately it freezes for longer than it plays which I presume is a problem with my router set up and dongle receiver?

Tone Deff, thanks for all your advice too.

I think Danjel managed to work at my severely limited level.

Your method is possibly better or more advanced as others are swapping to it but for now I'll stick to the one that means I can watch stuff on my pc whilst the missus has her pick on TV

Hi Danjel, many thanks - you are a star.

I have now got video and audio on my pc.

Unfortunately it freezes for longer than it plays which I presume is a problem with my router set up and dongle receiver?

ok mate here to help :proud:

before i had freezes and i discovered it was because i was streaming to my laptop so it was wireless for me.

once i connected it to a wired network i don't have any more feezes

Not sure that the wife would be too happy with a 15 metre ethernet cable running from the router to my pc in the other room.

Will have to find another solution......

getting rid of wife may be one way to go :Laugh:

only kidding darlin'

Not sure that the wife would be too happy with a 15 metre ethernet cable running from the router to my pc in the other room.

Will have to find another solution......

getting rid of wife may be one way to go :Laugh:

only kidding darlin'

get a homeplug and problem solved :)

personally i am using that though it costs like 50-60euro

my firefox fail to install the plugin.. is that because i have the latest version of vlc?

as i said you HAVE to use vlc 0.8.6i or older :p
and probably best to close firefox before you do the install.

then put "about:plugins" into address bar to check if the vlc plugin installed

should say
VLC Multimedia Plugin

File name: npvlc.dll
Version 0.8.6h, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Team

if you try and use any newer version then that it will just stay on "waiting for video" or will keep asking for plugin.

Edit:
if you want to still have the new version of vlc with the record button etc get this aswell..
http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/vlc_portable

create a seperate dir for it and then the file for changing where it records to will then be inside that dir rather then userdata
e.g "...VLCPortable\Data\settings\vlcrc"

Last edited:
Back