How To Set Up Live TV PVR With M3U List On Kodi (xbmc) 1,000+ Channels!

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
THis a good source for info regarding xbmc , check this out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are still using frodo you can download iptv simple client 1.6.1 from here ;

Index of /PVR IPTV Simple

1.6.1 is for frodo, 1.8.1 kodi and gotham but they should already be included in these releases.

THis a good source for info regarding xbmc , check this out

just got this up and running and working
cheers biffo

sorry to sound stupid but anytime i have used streaming on my xbmc setup i get constant buffering,
almost unwatchable , would this be any better ?

@irishwizard there are a few factors to why you keep getting buffering, 1.what box do you have. 2.how you have your xbmc is tweaked for example go into the Mainenace Tool and set your Advanced XML To Zero Cache
check this video out
dual core boxes ive found also dont help look for the quad core , i personally have this box ULTRA M8 U-M8 (M8) MX Box Android TV BOX S802, 4.4 KITKAT

It also depends on the stream/Server database you are connected too as well even a Quad core wont help with buffering if the connected source is crap, I use an Intel NUC i5 Haswell for XBMC and can still find the odd buffering quirk from certain sources nothing is guaranteed

sorry to sound stupid but anytime i have used streaming on my xbmc setup i get constant buffering,
almost unwatchable , would this be any better ?

Some streams are glitchy, sky sports on Live TV plug-in for example. But BBC1 channel should be perfect as I believe they are just a front end for iPlayer.

I am gonna try setting zero cache guys, should I always pause the stream for a minute or two ?
Thanks for your help by the way,
I'm running xbmc on an arctic htpc ,
openelec

I am gonna try setting zero cache guys, should I always pause the stream for a minute or two ?
Thanks for your help by the way,
I'm running xbmc on an arctic htpc ,
openelec

As I stated previously and its a known documented fact with the Fusion/Xfintiy devs that even with Zero cache enabled it still depends on the stream you pick

Back