How to check image on DM600 and other questions.....

denno69

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

My DM600 arrived this morning and it already had the Gemini image on it. Can anyone tell me how I check which version of the image is installed?

Also, I hooked up the DB to the exsisting sky dish on the side of the house (installed prior to me moving in a few months back) and it seems to pick up the FTA channels on 28.2e but not the encrypted ones which is what I expected. But if I were to look into the c/s option then encrypted ones could in theory but accessed as well? The encrypted channels are displayed but it is just blank.

I have also noticed that there are a bunch of satelites under the 'satellites' heading so my next question is, are these ones that were found by the previous owner when he set it up originally? If so assuming I set up my motorised dish and hooked it up to DB would these satelites then be recognised on the DB and the channels become avaliable?

Also, is there a way of carrying out a new scan of satelites within the gemini image?

And the final also, if anyone has any helpful tips/hints/instructions for the Gemini image (I am assuming it is the latest one) then can you post them here.

Cheers for all the help

denno69 - proper newbie

press menu btn. scroll to information, clk ok, then scroll to info, that should give you gemini info

scan settings may be different depending on location that original scan was done.....long/lat etc

c/s option would be possible if you dnld CCcam 2.0.11 and sign upto a server or free server

when u find out what image version is on the stb, check out ihad

Thanks for the info Bod

I have checked in the info section in info and then about section but can't find anything that relates to what version it is - unless I am being totally stupid? There is a part that says release that says 0450 but I presumed that related to the dreambox?

With regards to c/s, does it have to be version 2.0.11 as I have seen different versions floating around? The version on mine is 2.0.10 so what are the diference between the versions?

Also what is stb an ihad?

Its a steep learning curve so thanks for all the help!

P.S Can't wait to come up to Anfield next season!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Bod

I have checked in the info section in info and then about section but can't find anything that relates to what version it is - unless I am being totally stupid? There is a part that says release that says 0450 but I presumed that related to the dreambox?

With regards to c/s, does it have to be version 2.0.11 as I have seen different versions floating around? The version on mine is 2.0.10 so what are the diference between the versions?

Also what is stb an ihad?

Its a steep learning curve so thanks for all the help!

P.S Can't wait to come up to Anfield next season!

2.0.11 is the latest version, bug fixes etc
stb. set top box
ihad all things dream i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support | Startseite

gemini .4.50 is an older image,, try updating with GP 4.60 the 600pvr

Download The Gemini Project 4.60 for DM600, The Gemini Project 4.60 for DM600 Download

Last edited:
Back