Here we go again :(

MOAMB

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a call this morning informing me the company have announced another 37 redundancies at our place.

It just puts everyone on a rite downer and i feel shit again. Guess i should be use to it now as this is about the 4th or 5th time in as many years. The joys of being in manufacturing and the car industry.

I really don't think ill be put at risk but that don't make me feel any better as again were going to lose good friends who iv worked with for 10+ years.

I have mixed feelings about leaving or being made redundant. I think if i was pushed it would make me do something and give me more time to get the business i'm trying to start up and running and to tender for business but the thought of jumping on my own accord scares the sh*t out of me cuz it could be the worst decision iv ever made if it all went tits up with the business.

ITS JUST POO at the moment.

Guess i'm lucky though cuz i have a great partner and children and were all healthy and am lucky enough to be trying to start our own business so i am trying to stay positive and look at the more important things in life. As they say there is always someone worse off than you.

Rant over :rant:

Ray

Sorry to hear about the job insecurity Ray :(.

I'll get back onto the logo I promise!

Guess i'm lucky though cuz i have a great partner and children and were all healthy and am lucky enough to be trying to start our own business so i am trying to stay positive and look at the more important things in life.

Keep thinking positively m8. Worry eats away at your soul.

I hope everything works out for you.

Sorry to hear about the job insecurity m8

I hope everything works out for you

Hope it all works out M8. Starting a business is scary and I'm not about to try and persuade you either way.

I jumped in December 1995 and it was Mrs M who panicked - I just went with my gut as they say.

Even so, I had two things sewn up, (i) a twelve month contract and (ii) three months cash.

I sleep fine irrespective :)

Uncertainty about job security is always a bummer but as you said yourself: you have a strong family life. That's what will carry you through.

Hope all turns out well for you Ray!

:Cheers:

I hope things work out for you mate unfortunately life is moving too fast for us all. Make the most of what you have Ray because who knows just what's around the corner. Good Luck to you and your family and chin up mate.

Really, really hope it turns out on a positive note for you mate. Sincerely gutted for you to hear that there's redundancies coming up. :(

Its never nice to hear the dreaded 'R' word but try and keep positive and I hope your business takes off :)

Back