Help PC not coming on

sempi

DW Regular
Reaction score
hi guy's can anyone help me out here
bought a new cooling fan for pc today and took out old one but then found new one did not fit, so put everything back together and now it wont start. when powered up cooling fan and power supply fan both come on for about 3 seconds and then machine switches off and i need to remove mains supply before it will power up (or try to) again but just does the same again.
i have tried taking out memory and power supply to motherboard and making sure they are in ok but still nothing, it must be something i have done as it was working ok before i went out to buy cooling fan
any help greatly appreciated

devil666x said:
I dont know why nobody has said this, but what you have done is when you originally put the new power supply in, u probably had static and it screwed up ur motherboard and most things that go there. sorry to say. I've had customers bring me pc's which they've tried to do DIY jobs on lol and everytime its static. As for a new computer, dunno where you live but im in london and a place in tottenham court road u can get a amd athlon 64bit pc with 1gig ram, 80gig hd, 128ati graphics card (dunno which) all for 275. well thats what i got anyway. only thing is, it comes in peices and u gotta put it together urself. lol
would static just ruin the board?

or would it also fuk up the cpu?

It depends really. Sometimes it may ruin the board u've touched, ie, just a card and sometimes it ruins everything. sometimes it ruins one thing but when u switch it on, it ruins everything. but one thing that really really bad with static is processor. amd's are quite prone to it. thats why wear them anti static wristbands or just make sure u touch metal properly.

Back