Halo 4 Xbox pirates targeted by Microsoft BAN HAMMER

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Microsoft is targeting video gamers playing pirated copies of its forthcoming title Halo 4.

Several users have already had their Xbox Live accounts "permanently suspended", preventing them from being used to access multiplayer games via the internet.

The firm has also indicated that some might face tougher punishments.
The latest Halo game is not due for release until 6 November. An early leak of its code threatens to limit sales.
"We are aware of isolated cases in which Halo 4 content has been propped on the web and are working closely with our security teams and law enforcement to address the situation immediately," Microsoft said in a statement.

"Consumers should be aware that piracy is illegal and we take vigorous action against illegal activity related to our products and services."

Although there is nothing to prevent users with blocked accounts from creating new ones, Microsoft has said it might also enforce "console bans" designed to permanently prevent targeted machines accessing its network.

Halo 4 is being marketed for about £50, although many retailers plan to sell it at a cheaper price at launch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Are people really that stupid....

Released: 6th Nov.

Today's Date: 16th October...

What did they think would happen...

Are people really that stupid....

Released: 6th Nov.

Today's Date: 16th October...

What did they think would happen...

Lol I was thinking the same! If your gonna play it play it on an offline console! It leaked so early of course ms are gonna be pi$$ed lol

Sent from my telephone.

wouldn't be supprised if M$ leaked it themselves, banned console = more console sales, since all the numpties will want to be online for the upcoming blops2.

This could be a shift of earlyness from MS and i was reading some of the comments of some people on NZBMATRIX and they made me laugh about how they would get on early and wouldn't get banned why bother its out too early and as echod on here just play it offline for now.

Some kids make me laugh on nzbmatrix

A lot of users who get banned have been following the recommended steps of how to avoid detection, usually when ms move the goalposts suddenly its not til a group of people get banned that investigations as to why happen! No one is 100% safe so those comments really are funny yes lol

Sent from my telephone.

been playing it on my RGH and using xbslink. Not going near live with it until its out those who do are idiots and have no common sense what so ever, have to say though I agree with the sentiment that ms could well have leaked it to try for a massive ban wave this really would not surprise me.

wouldn't be supprised if M$ leaked it themselves, banned console = more console sales, since all the numpties will want to be online for the upcoming blops2.

That's all ways been a theory of mine as well matey.

It's the public rollout of the beta dash thats been around for a while. Nothing different from the latest public beta afaik

still worth a flash back to stock before you take the update though? as we've all ways preached? is it a full on dashboard update? I'd presume so with all the new features etc.

I put in on an RGH with dash 15574, worked OK. (I got as far as the end of the opening credits and had to switch it off owing to other commitments.) I didn't add the dollar, so can only assume it is an avatar pack update included instead of system update.

Anyway, the latest dash (16197) is out for Jrunner.

Back