Halal Meat

All my life i have had to abstain from certain kinds of food so its personal choice of what one eats.wares and how has a crap.
For ones who say when in rome do as the romans do i do not see all British in native dress any where.
The main reason Moslem's have halal meat in UK is because of the Jews,

right chaps

overall I'm pleased with the way the thread has gone, thought it would have gone way of track by now, can we make sure no one steps out of line and have a normal discussion.

For ones who say when in rome do as the romans do i do not see all British in native dress any where.
The main reason Moslem's have halal meat in UK is because of the Jews,

whatever do you mean "native dress" lol, if you mean pants and a tshirt look again....lol

what the bloody hell has jews got to do with it? sounds more racial than anything ive ever heard on alot of threads on here, the only thing religion / race has got to do with this thread is the actual halal process other than that its got nowt to do with it and lets leave it like that......:banana:

Last edited:
Halal Meat, Organic Meat, Cloned Meat, the only important thing in this, is that there is no unnecessary suffering and that the meat tastes good. Surely if we are to have different religious beliefs in respect to food then it is far more cost effective to the consumer if it is all killed,packed etc etc in the same manner.
When push comes to shove we are only really concerned about the end result on the plate weather at home or from a restaurant, did it taste good and was it worth the money.
We don't think about how things are killed if we catch or shoot them ourselves before we eat them.

Just out of curiousity....does anyone ever ask in a restaurant if it is halal meat ???

I just ask for mine medium rare and it has never ever crossed my mind how the animal was killed.

Just out of curiousity....does anyone ever ask in a restaurant if it is halal meat ???

I just ask for mine medium rare and it has never ever crossed my mind how the animal was killed.

agree with you. also supermarket will buy anything on grey market. if is cheaper than UK. pass the saving on to customers. so why you lot complianing is it halal or non halal.

So long as it's dead i'm happy

Eat pork thats never halal or kosher.

Me and Goldie were having a hog roast a couple of weeks ago, I asked if it was halal and got a laugh.

For me its more of a case of why where we not informed in the first place, what reason did they have for not declaring it.

If you go out for a meal do you ask if the meat is halal or do you expect them to inform you....serious question (not taking the mick)

serious answer no, but then again i dont look at the labels on the food before they cook it if you know what i mean, but i do when i`m in the supermarket / market. I know what your going to say ive eaten halal before without knowing it etc etc, and like ive said continually through this thread, its nothing to do with halal `per se` its to do with the fact that the supermarkets are not informing people, and why are they not informing people.

See the thing with halal in restaurants is this, if i was to ask them is it halal they will tell me, if i goto an indian restaurant (by indian its a general term for any curry / kebab house) i`m clever enough to understand that the meat is going to be halal, its as simple as that.

if i go to the counter in asda and ask them are all your meats halal, the response`s would range from no to yes, to i dont know, to god knows what.

if you get my drift.

for me it could be pallmall for all i care, but i`d just like to be informed.......

and yes, nearly everytime we go out its a curry house, nothing against halal ;)

Fair enough.

I do get what you are saying but just find it strange that you think the supermarket should tell you on a label but should a restaurant not have it on their menu's ???

You are probably right about asking in a supermarket and getting mixed answers but I think some restaurant waiters would probably have to ask someone else if you asked them.

Personally I dont care, according to some members on here, the animal is still killed humanely so I have no issues if it is halal or not, tbh...it has never crossed my mind until this thread started.

yeah no i understand that, but at the end of the day if your go to a restaurant as in curry kebab house, would it not be fair to expect that its halal, where as this

thumb_beef.jpg

you dont expect it to be halal.

yeah no i understand that, but at the end of the day if your go to a restaurant as in curry kebab house, would it not be fair to expect that its halal, where as this

thumb_beef.jpg

you dont expect it to be halal.

Yeah fair point there, never thought about that but NZ lamb is not 100% British beef.

If they advertise it as you stated, then I would absolutely expect it to be non halal and IF they are selling halal as 100% British then that is wrong...but are they doing that.

But then again, a British Muslim will disagree, its a tricky one that...lol

yeah i just think the supermarkets are misleading us, it doesnt matter where it comes from, 100% british 100% newzealand, neither of them are associated traditionally with the practice of halal butchery or methods of despatch.

i read this here before seeing it in the paper last night, and some guy for the muslim council of britain or something was quoted as saying 'cant understand all the fuss, it doesnt taste any different'

if thats the case, why all the fuss over NON halal meat then?

The Welsh shag em and we eat them, who gives a fook if you eat meat that some pecker head has chanted some riddle over.
As said will taste no different.

Anyone for a bacon sarnie?

The Welsh shag em and we eat them, who gives a fook if you eat meat that some pecker head has chanted some riddle over.
As said will taste no different.

Anyone for a bacon sarnie?

thats why the welsh eat NZ lamb m8 ;) but welsh lamb is prayed over, sort of
sheepnc1.gif
'oh god yehhhhhh' lol

and while i like the smell of bacon, i dont eat pig

Back