grrr.. cant do slim 3.90 - help!

bends

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all. i am banging my head here.
done many of these in the past, but had a year off and cant get anywhere now!

i am trying to hack a slim with ofw 3.90 on it.
i have a pandora from a phat i just made and also run pandora gui v1.5 (but i think this will only work if you have a 3.6 ofw?). anyway no go.
also tried with psp grader v004 & 005.
and with rains MMSLite.
tried four different sticks all formatted 4G Sony, 4Gsandisk, 1Gsandisk and 64M Sony.

i create the MMS insert into slim. then insert pandora whilst holding L key. nothing happens, the green power light comes on but nothing else (i would expext to see a slight backlight from the screen). tried pressing X for the hell of it but nowt happens - no reading from the memstick at all.
have also changed battery back to normal and pandora'd another.

driving me mad - always the way - expecting a 10 minute job - been here four hours!!! :)

if at first you dont succeed!
a good bit of swearing usually helps.

downloaded rains v3.90 lite and ran that. well how about that it worked first time.
so i am presuming that the upgrade needs to match the firmware already on there. if i'd known that yesterday...lol

feel a bit stupid now - but i've done that before - and if this helps anyone else save their time :Cheers:

they dont need to match the firmware ur on atall m8
u should have formatted card and downloaded again

really? then i dont know what i did differently.
as i said i had formatted all four cards, several times. been trying for a loooong time! many attempts using rains and others as described.

must have done something different then.
so i could have used the exact same procedure with any version of rains for example? e.g. 4.1

if so then this really was a 10 minute job i somehow managed to stretch.

sounds to me maybe the card was playing up. i know if you put pan battery in without MS then it will show green light and not boot till you put MS in

Back