gears update on wed

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
includes 2 new maps and these fixes-should please a few peeps

Gears of War Update Detailed

Epic's Mark Rein has given the full specs on what the FREE update for GoW will entail.

Gears of War Patch Changelog

• Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
• Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
• Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
• Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
• Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
• Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
• Enabled "Strict" NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
• Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
• Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone
• Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
• Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
• Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
• Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
• Added additional cheat detection code
• Additional housekeeping updates

bout kin time,.......wonder what the maps will be like?

also do you remember me telling you about the quality service bars vj? after the downtime when we where on, when the server came back up there was only 3 people hosting and you could see the service bars so you could tell if you was joining a good host room, but once loads where hosting and you needed to scroll to choose a game they disappeared, so it,ll be like rainbow six now and you,ll see the service bars...shame its just for the host though i want to see who,s bringing lag into a game so they can be swiftly removed....

ps that chainsaw fix is only going to be any good for the lamers that only chainsaw anyways, i never get the problem cos i dont go round camping then jumping out with the chainsaw, also on the tag melee distance things in the update they should do the same thing with the chainsaw fooking sick of a chainsaw hitting you from 6 foot away...what b*ll*cks.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i remember seeing them,the only problem i see with this update is that now were gunna be forced to listen to the whiney yanks

yeah i remember seeing them,the only problem i see with this update is that now were gunna be forced to listen to the whiney yanks

lol no no no, remember we have the magic blue button to take care of that......

guess live may be a bit busier wednesday night then

im pleased to discover that they are actual levels not multiplayer

hell sh1t they better be multiplayer........screw the in game play everyone wants live maps....is this confirmed or rumour???

defo multiplayer maps coming,i know nothing of new levels tho

Back