gbox support pack

henryk7

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys was wondering if anyone could send me the gbox support pack for virgin 3 for my squeaky sagem, before anyone jumps down my throat with the link mercs.us etc, i have tried that for a week and keep getting a blank page and to email for help which i done a few times, any help appreciated, cheers..........joe

nice to know you help people over 5 yrs, ask for some and get none, thanks

i just downloaded it from that link but the readme.txt states it is for C11.3 only, will this still work in the Virgin 3 image?.

i just downloaded it from that link but the readme.txt states it is for C11.3 only, will this still work in the Virgin 3 image?.

I'm sure that the Virgin 3 image is based on commando. See page 2 of the Virgin+ 3.0 lzma ultraLite thread. Al mentions that it will work with that image.

In theory, whoever did this gbox support pack thingy, if he modelled it for C11.3 only- then there's no reason why it shouldn't work in C12 and V+ 3.0 as well. Because all the file structures and startup scripts are pretty much the same in those images.

Try it- it can only do one of of two things, work or not work. But first read the destructions, if there are any...

;)

i grabbed the gbox addon and tried to install it as the instructions said ... couldn't get the encrypted channels to work .. i have the keys etc .. not surewhy .. using the new virgin image on a sagem 1x

I have tried same thing, have read the instructions, modified the permissions as it should be on all three files and still cant view non FTA channels :-( any help from you guys would be really helpful.

Thanks guys

Check in var/k*ys and open the nagra file with wordpad and check if the correct k*ys are in it.

Last edited:
Fergalsworld, thanks for prompt reply mate, I'm in the n3 area bournemouth, would this work...?

I have found following article very useful which explains what does N3 mean.

what is N3

Last edited:
the only files that need to be set to chmod755 are the var/bin/emu files which should be camd2 and gbox, the rest of the files are just transferred over to overwrite, the first bin file with the miniops goes over to bin, not var/bin and overwrite, then the var files go to where it says on the tin, hope this helps......joe

I have tried same thing, have read the instructions, modified the permissions as it should be on all three files and still cant view non FTA channels :-( any help from you guys would be really helpful.

Thanks guys

Fergalsworld, thanks for prompt reply mate, I'm in the n3 area bournemouth, would this work...?

I have found following article very useful which explains what does N3 mean.

what is N3

as ur in a N3 area there is no help anyone can give u to get ur dbox2 working to view non-fta channels, i'm afraid.

Neathdrew, cheers for the help man. I know I can't get non-fta channels anymore however there is always a way and its just a matter of time before the fix is released.

However I'd advise all members to have positive attitude instead of being passimistic.

Remember future is bright, Future is Digitalworldz :)

Back