Frosty's rescue disk

Wahwahboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone here tried using Frosty's rescue disk? It should recover the box by booting from DVD.

Downloaded the rar file but when I burn the image I get nothing, no files are seen by my PC and the XBox stays as is.

I hotswapped and did the Ndure tutorial, has UnleashX running and then I installed XBMC as an application.

When I came to make XBMC the dashboard I must have placed a wring .xbe file in the E/dash folder and now it wont boot - flashing red/amber/green and blank screen.

Any ideas? I might have to do the Ndure mod again.

Seems to be a problem burning the iso maybe for the rescue disk

Try using a evox bootdisc or xbmc bootdisc

Are you actaully getting a error msg?

I redid the hotswap with Ndure to recover the box to the UnleashX dashboard. I now have XBMC running as an app.

Evox and Frosty bootdisk wouldnt get it back, now the box is back to normal the disk does actually boot! - Not much use as a rescue disk then ?!

Phew - i think I messed up by putting the .xbe file in the dash folder but the link was wrong in the .cfg file (pointing to UnleashX).

I was have a look around at the best way of making the xbmc the dashboard.

XBMC is easy to set as dash... After doing ndure mod im assuming your dash is either located at e:\dashboard or e:\dash

all you need to do is put all xbmc files in there and reboot. The other way is to keep xbmc in e:\apps\xbmc and use the xmbc shortcut provided in the download. When using this method all you need to do is rename SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg to default.cfg and SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe to default.xbe

Back