Foods with garlic in question

steve-g

Inactive User
Reaction score
Witness protection program say's not to tell
hi all

a quick question for you all

are any of you peeps allergic to garlic, i have been now for over twenty year and finding food hard to find without garlic in, many things i use to eat before i no longer can.

its in more food than people think and every thing i buy has to be checked for its content.

im not trying to be selfish but food now has all this reduced salt/fat ect but they dont have the option to have it without garlic in.

just wondering what people's thoughts on this would be as would people buy foods that dont contain garlic as in their own option it could be added to taste, many foods i would really like to eat but cant because if its content

it does at times get annoying as when doing meals for the family i cant always eat what they do and they dont always eat what i like so sometimes a few different meals have to be done each time

many thanks for reading guys and any input left

cheers

I know it's time consuming but when at home do not eat processed food, cook from fresh and then everyone can have the same.

Obviously if your in a bit of a rush then you will have to sacrifice. Buit on the garlic front, yes it is getting more and more popular in lots of foods that you would not imagine it being in, and 90% of the time you can't taste it so why bother?

If you look down the ingredients of some foods and see what is in there you gotta question the point of it. Yes some e stuff and things need to be in to prolong the life and to bring it together, but some flavours are just stupid, Just an example, I bought some orange and banana crush the other day and when I got it home and looked at the ingredients, it had more apple in than any other ingredient!!!! How stupid is that? And it had about 5 different fruits in it, so orange and banana my arse!!!!!

I know it's time consuming but when at home do not eat processed food, cook from fresh and then everyone can have the same.

Obviously if your in a bit of a rush then you will have to sacrifice. Buit on the garlic front, yes it is getting more and more popular in lots of foods that you would not imagine it being in, and 90% of the time you can't taste it so why bother?

If you look down the ingredients of some foods and see what is in there you gotta question the point of it. Yes some e stuff and things need to be in to prolong the life and to bring it together, but some flavours are just stupid, Just an example, I bought some orange and banana crush the other day and when I got it home and looked at the ingredients, it had more apple in than any other ingredient!!!! How stupid is that? And it had about 5 different fruits in it, so orange and banana my arse!!!!!
alot of the time mate most of our food is fresh, and the thing is i do like the taste of garlic but it just dont like me, even if its just a little its feels like your stomach is on fire and looking at the bottom of the bucket/toilet for quite some time and not being able to eat for days is no longer fun.

i did have a giggle though other day, i went to shop and bought some nuts for my eldest, and in the label was a warning, this product may contain nuts, wow never lol

i went to shop and bought some nuts for my eldest, and in the label was a warning, this product may contain nuts, wow never lol

We bought some cans of tuna and wait for it.....yup, label says "Contains fish" Well I never!

alot of the time mate most of our food is fresh, and the thing is i do like the taste of garlic but it just dont like me, even if its just a little its feels like your stomach is on fire and looking at the bottom of the bucket/toilet for quite some time and not being able to eat for days is no longer fun.

i did have a giggle though other day, i went to shop and bought some nuts for my eldest, and in the label was a warning, this product may contain nuts, wow never lol

They doo crazy things with food now, they put anything in there. I bought a ready to micro meal the other day, a Lasagne but when I took it out ready to cook it I noticed that iwas a treacle pudding. Flipping heck, I know they put ingredients in food to enhance, but a flipping treacly pudding?

Back