FISHING on the POLE

DEE747

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well just had a good day at my local pond just trying out pole fishing and had a great day baggn some very good roach and a nice 2lb bream not done this b4 has i tend to feeder fish when i go but generally catch carp only that way . i`ve used my pole twice now and have caught , tench ,bream ,roach ,rudd, skimmers , perch all in 2 sessions i`m well impressed , only snag is its FULL ON and don`t get much time to have a cuppa like when i feeder fish lol
but it looks like the pole gets my THUMBS UP !!:Clap:

used to use the pole quite alot until i stood on the fecker !! really great if you got a nice feature within reach , enables you to fish really tight to it. used it a lot on the canal where i could reach the far bank .
mostly river fish now so didnt bother replacing the pole after i broke it .

i used a pole once and now its all i use when i go not that i get chance much anymore too many fecking kids lol. Great method and as all ready said great upto a feature and the presentation is spot on.

what i like about it is that it is so quick to setup once your at your peg. And deedie my advice to you is to take the pole out of the water while you have a cuppa i left mine in once in my pole under and overs. Big common took my bate and almost snapped me top section lol.

i used a pole once and now its all i use when i go not that i get chance much anymore too many fecking kids lol. Great method and as all ready said great upto a feature and the presentation is spot on.

what i like about it is that it is so quick to setup once your at your peg. And deedie my advice to you is to take the pole out of the water while you have a cuppa i left mine in once in my pole under and overs. Big common took my bate and almost snapped me top section lol.

I have had decent carp on it a few times , fecking nightmare, takes bloody ages ( and i mean half hour to 40 mins ) to get them in, using a 12 or 14 elastic , cant remember exactly but it was around there.
I can remember hooking in to one and trying to ship in to get him more under control and the bloody top 3 coming off , lol. chased the pole around the pond for ages(it floated, coz it wasnt deep enough for him to be able to fully submerge the section) got it back though , and landed the fish .

heres a pic View attachment 40425

like the pic m8 lol i had a carp on No12 elastic !! played it for ages and when i thought the fuker was ready had just my top section it went on 1 !!! fuker snapped me 7lb main line as well lol
wen i fish with it i`m only in the margins as i can`t be arsed to ship in & out all the fuking time !!! lol pain inthe arse !! but nice hwen you hook a decent fish and 20 elastic in soon drag it back in lol :Clap:
:banana:

done a fair bit of fishing in australia many many years ago when i was 17, went out 1 day with a workmate and his oldfella in his homemade boat {was'nt useing rods, "just a couple of lines tied to the side of the boat" , "anyway next thing the boat starts moving slowly sideways" SURE ENOUGH WE CAUGHT SOMETHING AND IT WAS BIG----------------anyway to cut a long story short we only hooked a baby hammerhead {1 ugly looking fu*ker it was}---"in the commotion we ended up haveing to cut the line {the fu*ker was as big as the boat}

anyway at the time my m8s dad was laughing about going over the odds on the line breaking strain-------"and i near shit my pants" {"1973 that was", and it was the last time i done any sea fishing from a boat}--------never again

Back