Extra Security for paypal users [security message delivered to your mobile on log in]

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Late ain't it? any way i just noticed that under "profile" there's an option for "security key" and if you register your mobile number it sends you a 6 or 7 digit code that you also need to use to log into paypal with....that little extra bit of security can't go a miss.....

for your info...

Ta.

What is it?

The PayPal Security Key creates random temporary security codes that help safeguard your PayPal account when you log in. It comes in 2 types, each with different advantages:
  1. Security key: You carry this small credit-card sized device with you. It creates a unique security code on the go.
  2. Mobile phone security key: You can sign up to get security codes sent by text message to your mobile phone.
[h=3]How much does it cost?[/h]There is no fee to use your mobile phone as your PayPal Security Key. Standard text messaging rates apply when you receive a security code by SMS. Check with your mobile provider for details.
The credit-card size PayPal Security Key costs $29.95, and there's no monthly service fee or additional cost. Replacement keys are the same price.
[h=3]How do I get started?[/h]
  1. Choose the type of Security Key you want. You can start using your mobile phone Security Key right away. If you would like a credit-card size Security Key, we will ship it to you.
  2. Activate it from your PayPal or eBay account.

Re: Extra Security for paypal users [security message delivered to your mobile on log

Erm, isn't this well old? I've been using this for ages.

Re: Extra Security for paypal users [security message delivered to your mobile on log

Erm, isn't this well old? I've been using this for ages.

Has been on there for ages, however just lately it takes several minutes for Paypal to send the code through. But saying that Paypal isn't the best site to find things on.

Late ain't it? any way i just noticed that under "profile" there's an option for "security key" and if you register your mobile number it sends you a 6 or 7 digit code that you also need to use to log into paypal with....that little extra bit of security can't go a miss.....

for your info...

Ta.

What is it?

The PayPal Security Key creates random temporary security codes that help safeguard your PayPal account when you log in. It comes in 2 types, each with different advantages:
  1. Security key: You carry this small credit-card sized device with you. It creates a unique security code on the go.
  2. Mobile phone security key: You can sign up to get security codes sent by text message to your mobile phone.
[h=3]How much does it cost?[/h]There is no fee to use your mobile phone as your PayPal Security Key. Standard text messaging rates apply when you receive a security code by SMS. Check with your mobile provider for details.
The credit-card size PayPal Security Key costs $29.95, and there's no monthly service fee or additional cost. Replacement keys are the same price.
[h=3]How do I get started?[/h]
  1. Choose the type of Security Key you want. You can start using your mobile phone Security Key right away. If you would like a credit-card size Security Key, we will ship it to you.
  2. Activate it from your PayPal or eBay account.

i didnt know about this cheers

Has been on there for ages, however just lately it takes several minutes for Paypal to send the code through. But saying that Paypal isn't the best site to find things on.

I thought it was just me! It takes ages for the text to come through nowadays!

Back