Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

elite with hitachi, flashed with latest...wont play backups ?

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
HI ppl,

got a elite ppl that has a hitachi drive, neorage just flashed it to latest fw ... as wouldnt play cod4, comes up can not read disc. When i put an original in it plays them. Tried a number of games that work in my other machine but none of them work.

Any ideas peeps ? is it new drive time ?

TIA

they can be fussy them hatchi drives m8 ,, wot disc's u using

Verbs mate, got some other printable ones as well... dont like either, just either comes up "open tray" or "play game" instead of title, when it says play game when you press button to play it trys to load then just comes up as unreadable .

Verbs mate, got some other printable ones as well... dont like either, just either comes up "open tray" or "play game" instead of title, when it says play game when you press button to play it trys to load then just comes up as unreadable .

if the picture of the games comes up in the menu then it has to be the laser or disc's

if the picture of the games comes up in the menu then it has to be the laser or disc's

Nope no picture, just blank box mate. Could be the drive dont like the disks but with two or three of the most popular types cant see that... what else can i use lol :eek:

i think its the hitachi drive being funny m8, on my bro's xbox when ixtreme 1.51 was put on it, alot of older wave 2games wouldnt boot. like call of duty 4 etc, but all new games worked fine, in the end i swiched it for benq

i think its the hitachi drive being funny m8, on my bro's xbox when ixtreme 1.51 was put on it, alot of older wave 2games wouldnt boot. like call of duty 4 etc, but all new games worked fine, in the end i swiched it for benq

Yea this is what I am thinking, but console gave 3 red lights and is way outta any warranty period..... had to heat the board to revive it so thinking it might die again.... so thinking is it worth it ?

Anyone got any drives that are new or pretty new ?

I got my 360 flashed 3 months ago and since last week its given up playing backups, so i payed to get it flashed then payed for the games that dont work so is there any point to flashing. if i get a new drive and get that flashed how long will that last.

might be a stupid question but have you closed up the case and forgot to re attach the SATA cable?

This happened to me once and i thought i'd bricked my sisters xbox

Only other thing i can think of is did you flahs it with the wrong base image for Hitachi as they have quite a few different ones for the software / hardware revision you might have

might be a stupid question but have you closed up the case and forgot to re attach the SATA cable?

This happened to me once and i thought i'd bricked my sisters xbox

Only other thing i can think of is did you flahs it with the wrong base image for Hitachi as they have quite a few different ones for the software / hardware revision you might have

Probably the POT that needs adjusting on the Hitachi...They are a shite drive IMO

Back