Eggdrop (IRC Bot) for DBOX2/Dreambox

S

Speedy2206

If there is anyone with an interest in IRC here and would like to try out an easy to use bot then I would be very much grateful if you could spare a few moments to try this out.

This is an IRC Bot compiled for DBOX2/Dreambox, and works just like Eggdrop. Its based on the coding of the open-source EnergyMech v3 bot, and is very powerful. The file size is 346KB.

I have included instructions on how to get it going.
Currently it has managed to join the Commando IRC server + channel, and accept my password and interpret some commands :)

Just looking for a bit of feedback really and to see if this is of any interest to anyone.

Readme file says to place all the files in /bin but you can put them in /tmp for testing if you want or if you arent confident in playing with images etc.

This is a very powerful program, and boast the following features:

- Completely customizable user lists
- Shit lists
- Channel Protection
- CTCP
- DCC File Transfers
- Ability to join one or more channels
- Run up to four bots simultaneously
- IRCD Extension Support
- Proxy Support
- Bounce
- Multiple Session Support
- Very low CPU and memory usage
- More...

This is very easy to get going and highly customizable. Inexperienced users may find userlists hard at first but if there is enough interest then I will write a program to sort all this out for you without all the complex measures :)

In its current state, all you have to do to make it come online is edit the nickname in the config file and it'll join the Commando IRC channel :) (providing your DBOX is correctly set up for internet access)

Further customization and commands usage etc is only available after configuring userlists :)

Let me know how you get on with this.
Dizzy

Nice idea m8, used to run an eggdrop bot a while ago. Have downloaded it and will test it tomorrow and have a play - let you know what happens.
Cheers

This sounds very good. I will try it when I put pacino on.

nice 1 dizzy, i run a private irc server and just tested, got it running and tommorow i will have a good play with this ;) ive only been playing with it for a couple of mins and had it join a few chans, hopefully tommorow it will beable to login to my psy bouncer

Last edited:
I will most deffently be trying this out once i get home tonight, im a avid gamer (www.mem-gaming.co.uk) and im on IRC 24/7 so having the ability to setup a BNC/Eggdrop on my DBOX is just ideal!

Great, great GREAT work :D and im glad to see you back!

Worked fine for me but to be honest prefer the eggdrop version.
If it gets more like that then its going to be a good little bot to run.

VeNoM

hahah now thats what i was looking for my m8 fuas made a irc plugin to see whats on now & next on irc so maybe we can code some tcl on this egg get it to tell us when keys roll etc change chans blaa blaaa. i think it would be interesting

well emechs are better than eggdrops m8ty i think anyways :D but some irc servers dotn like em coz there used for floods etc hehe :p :Cheers:

Good to hear that it worked for everybody :) eMechs are definately better than Eggdrops but most people prefer eggs for some reason. Anyway, remember that the config file I included is only a sample of the full capabilities of the bot; it can be expanded to do alot of other stuff such as Botnet Linking etc, and also supports TCL etc.

If you want to expand it further then visit the home of the original source that this is based on www.energymech.net as most of the content in the help and configuration pages still apply to this DBOX/Dreambox version :)

Back