dvd bacup to dvdr

B

billy2hats

if any one wants help with bacup of dvd to dvdr with pioneer a03 ripping,authoring,burning using two progs smart rip and spruce for menus and scene selection il be here to help anyone that wants help uptil 5pm and back on after 9pm

Thanks for the offer Billy,I need help using ReMPEG2, the programme stops at 99%.<br />When I then go into Spruce-up I find that the end of the movie is missing.<br />I though it was to do with disk space, but I have 10 Gigs free on my drive.

Cheers,<br />vat19

sorry ihavent got back sooner had a f**** hard drive<br />if your using smart ripper to rip the film go into setting then change the max file size to about 4.7 it sound as if its set at 4.0 you can set it big as ur going to rencode it to make it smaller you should have the full film hope this is of some help

No billy,<br />I'm running Win98 SE.<br />Was thinking about installing Win XP to be able to use the NTFS system, but WinXP is incompatible with a lot of my Video Editing software. I was thinking about getting removable Hard Drives and running Win98 on one & Winxp on another but if its handy to have 2 partitions, I might go for that. I have Max file size set to 9000.

Cheers,<br />vat19

me i would go for an extra hard drive just to rip movies run it on xp or win2000 ntfs do ur conversions on it etc i have two 1 40gig 1 twenty gig both maxtor i had a ibm 40gig fail seems to be stuck at on point on drive its just clicking only 6mths old i did use this one for all me bacup and normal pc work so it went on sat had to buy another so i think its best to keep them seporate i dont know but it might be because iam ripping 4gig+ and building with spruce then it creates a image another 4gig+ then when ive burnt to dvdr i delete the files it could be wearing the drive in the same area hence 1 knackered h/drive ,i tryed for months with 98se and me but i had to opt for win2000 and now iam on xp with trying that many different progs i have to regulary format and start again most of my software is old if u upgrade from 98se to xp it seems to leave most of ur drivers in place and a few m8s get round things this way sorry got carried away

Thanks Billy for your reply, I think I will get a caddy for removable H/D's and use different O/S on each I'll let you know how I get on.<br />I get the same problem by using the same portion of the H/D for movies and other back-ups, I keep getting Lost clusters but Norton sorts them out.<br />Thanks again,<br />vat19

[ 05 March 2002: Message edited by: vat19 ]</p>

sorry for my ignorance but u can boot up different hard drives in a fixed pos just by going into ur bios and select which one u want to boot from first its fairly simple to do u dont need a removable aahh are u stuck for space just a thought

Yes Billy I'm stuck for space, all 4 IDE connections are in use and my 40 gig H/D has only 10 gig left. my other machine has 2 h/d's one is 40 gig and the other is 60 gig with plenty of space left but for some reason it dosen't like the AO2.<br />I think your idea of a guide to backing-up DVD's is great, lets hope the Mods allow.<br />Cheers <br />vat19

thanks vat i think it would be helpfull to some beginers as it took me 4mths and 20 dvdr to bacup a disc that would play on most home players<br />i used 20 discs then i got dvd-rw now its a doddle menus scene selections its only the older dvd players that struggle with them i wish somebody was about when i got mine to point me in the right direction i posted on here for help with authoring no i got no replies, we will wait and see what happens i think if people want it they will post

Thanks again Billy,<br />I have made a few expensive coasters using Trial and error methods, so a guide would be really helpful.<br />By the way, I rated you a couple of posts ago but it hasen't shown yet, maybe the mods could explain, it's nice to see some reward for your helpfulness.<br />Regards,<br />vat19

thanks vat i think i must be on ignore lol<br />or nobodys interested in dvdr bacup yet its a fairly new interest<br />i am busy doing the guide so when i have it finished i will email it to you for your comments<br />thanks again

Back