Drunk man fined for tattooing toddler son

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A man from Atlanta, Georgia has lost custody of his 2-year-old son after pleading guilty to branding the toddler with the tattoo ‘DB'.

Eugene Ashley inked the initials ‘DB' - short for Daddy's Boy - on son Matthew's shoulder blade.

yahoo_lifestyles-898477018-1302173349.jpg

According to court documents, Matthew received the tattoo sometime between January and May 2009 when he was two years old.

Eugene told the police he was ‘too drunk' and ‘did not remember' inking his son, but when Matthew was asked if the tattoo hurt, he replied, ‘a little bit'.

yahoo_lifestyles-30132452-1302173968.jpg

Social officers came across the toddler's tattoo while visiting the Ashley household after they received complaints from neighbours about the family's living conditions.

Eugene lives with his wife, Amy, and their three other children. He is not Matthew's biological father but adopted him after he married Amy.

Matthew, now three, has been taken into custody by The Division of Family and Children Services in the state of Georgia and will be cared for by his uncle.

yahoo_lifestyles-71562008-1302175412.jpg

Amy Ashley told Fox News, 'There's no excuse for what he did. I mean common sense; you just don't tattoo a three-year-old. She added, ‘I just wish he (Eugene) hadn't done it.'

The boy's uncle, George Hawkins, claims Matthew's mother knew about the tattoo for months and tried to cover it up. She denies George's claims.

Eugene was arrested and charged for tattooing someone under the age of 18; he was sentenced to one year probation and £185 (US$300) fine.

All images credited to Fox News Atlanta/www.myfoxatlanta.com

Source:
American Man Sentenced For Tattooing Two-year-old Son - Yahoo! Lifestyle UK

something wrong with some people , why let your self get in that state when you looking after a child .

Some very odd people in this world of ours! That is child abuse!

i know what he done was wrong but there wouldnt be such an uproar about a women getting her daughters ears peirced in theory there both scared for life.
i do understand the a tattoo is a little harder to get rid off and either is right
but think about the amount of baby's you see with there ears done.
none of them had the choice where to get it done or not
my x got my little girls ears done at 3 and there was nothing anyone could do.
so does this not amount to the same?

there rednecks anyway so the kids probably got his own gun aswell

i know what he done was wrong but there wouldnt be such an uproar about a women getting her daughters ears peirced in theory there both scared for life.
i do understand the a tattoo is a little harder to get rid off and either is right

I can see your point. My ex let my daughter have her belly button pierced when she was 13 when we had already agreed she needed to wait - I was fuming!

I can see your point. My ex let my daughter have her belly button pierced when she was 13 when we had already agreed she needed to wait - I was fuming!

dne well in poker then mate

i bet u had a few words... my daughter is 12 and still not had her ears done. if she wants to she can , but she dont.

peirced ears will heal after a few weeks if earing/stud is taken out.

You could say the same about circumcision which is widely practised in some religions and countries.

ye might heal but will still leave a scare and yes i would say the same about
circumcision. its given them scares for life

Back