DreamStreamer v1.5.4

we have sound and picture on dm to pc,,sounds like a fishbowl though lol

If all this hassle is just for streaming to your pc, why not just use firefox like everyone else and keep it simple? Is the epg really worth the effort and does it work anyway? And is that right you need the old Gemini v3.4 image too?
I just dont understand what this is all for really. I type my dreambox IP in firefox on any pc on my network, click web-x-tv and watch telly. No set-up, no software, no bad sound or bad picture..... ferk just look the epg up online and forget this software lol.

If all this hassle is just for streaming to your pc, why not just use firefox like everyone else and keep it simple? Is the epg really worth the effort and does it work anyway? And is that right you need the old Gemini v3.4 image too?
I just dont understand what this is all for really. I type my dreambox IP in firefox on any pc on my network, click web-x-tv and watch telly. No set-up, no software, no bad sound or bad picture..... ferk just look the epg up online and forget this software lol.
i do mate,but that is hit and miss for me,dont know if it is a vista thing,works ok on the wifes pc on xp

What setting's do I need to tweak in firefox window ? I just tried it and get the same old foooken no vid screen :(

pmsl,what makes it worse is when i first tried it,,,,,,,bingo it worked but now the coont dont lol

what version of vlc are you using,and are you on windows xp of vista
and what gemini image do you have on your dreambox

My own machine currently runs vlc 0.8.6b but kids pc's havent been updated for yonks and are still on an old version 0.8.4 and i have never had a problem with any versions tbh. I mostly use xp but i have dual boot so i'll try vista a bit later because i'm not sure i remember ever trying that. Maybe vista dont work?
Current versions of gemini i'm using are v4.2 on a 7020 and v4.1 on a 500s, but again i have never had any streaming probs with old 3.1, 3.2, 3.4 etc.

If i start from scratch or add a pc to the network then yep i add firefox and vlc as essential bits of software, just like nero, office and other bits, but thats it. Its never not worked first time, and thats on more than a dozen different pc's (currently only have 6 running now).
You need to add the active-x option & firefox plugin with vlc when you load it. I do add Java, Quicktime alternative, Acrobat reader, K-lite codecs, and some other add-ons but I dont think any of that is relevant as i am sure it works with just firefox & vlc plugin.

I'll report back about vista later.

will do them settings in vlc but to be honest i have had it working perfectly then tried it again later and couldnt get nothing,,,,got dreamstream working but the sound is iffy on some channels,dreambox manager suite 2 doesnt work,,,,cant get much to work with the web x tv in mozilla,,,,,

bag of s**e lol

thats was on a 500 mate,have a 600 pvr now,,well did 7020 for me tomorrow :banana:

do u know how to streaming my db 500s from my home to my office via internet(no local)?

Back