dreambox as slingbox?

jango_nick

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just reading on one of the other forums that it is possible to use the dreambox as a slingbox.
I have a slingbox in my house as i am unable to get bbc where i live so i have it sent through the slingbox from my bar to my house.
The problem is i wanted to actually view it on the television but looking at the quality it wouldnt be worth doing, so is it possible to use my dreamboxes in the bar and connect someway to the dreambox in my house to view.
If so how do you set it up as new to dreamboxes never mind this
Thanks in advance.

You can certainly stream from a dreambox to a PC, with full quality, provided you've got the bandwidth. Have a look through the stickies. (downloads are down at the moment, but have a search for 'dreambox streaming' and you'll find loads of threads discussing it.)

If you're bar and house aren't connected by a good connection though, you're not going to get a good quality picture. I'm guessing that this is the problem with the slingbox as well. Broadband doesn't have anywhere near the bandwidth to do it, so you'll need a local LAN between your bar and home. Probably not feasible.

Back