Does your pc did a pitstop ?

I wouldn't recommend using it as it's purely for harvesting information on you :rolleyes: .

I looked at the site and the first thing I saw was:

"Be sure to visit our new Gator Information Center. Whether or not you've ever encountered Gator--which recently changed its name to Claria--find out what you need to know about the company and its products."

For those who have not encountered it, Gator was a horrid little Data Mining piece of spyware which came "as a handy add-on" to many freeware apps. It sat in the system tray and logged everything you did and what you typed in forms etc. and undoubtedly reported back to base with it's findings.

The fact that this site is allowed high level access to your machine and is affiliated with Gator is definitely bad :(.

I have not visited the site but as Spectre says anything that has any reference to gator steer clear of its just glorified spy ware which will install around 20 items of spy ware on your system you will get popups all the time i know for a fact i have used it also when you remove the program with the uninstaller it does not remove the spy ware you have to hunt it down and remove with a spy ware app or manually

Sorry All

Was not aware of this Thanks Spectre for highlighting this. I used it sometime ago and found it useful, but have formatted my harddrive since. I would not recommand anyone else use it.

Back