Does Vix Have Its Own Oscam Version?

alonso

Inactive User
Reaction score
Do the openvix images for duo clones require there own oscam version? Just trying to get a later version than the unstable 1.20 r865 that keeps failing for some reason and not sure what to download??

In my plugins download (ferrari addon) I can download oscam but it has different image options and the vix one is old, can I use the later ones?? Or download from somewhere else?

Thanks in advance

Do the openvix images for duo clones require there own oscam version? Just trying to get a later version than the unstable 1.20 r865 that keeps failing for some reason and not sure what to download??

In my plugins download (ferrari addon) I can download oscam but it has different image options and the vix one is old, can I use the later ones?? Or download from somewhere else?

Thanks in advance

Just download the latest one from the oscam download site and then stop oscam on your box,then ftp in and delete it,then transfer the new one over,just make sure its named exactly the same as the original ;)

On the vix image, you cn just drop the emulator into /usr/softcams/ I normally chmod 755 them (not sure if this is necessary) and they will appear in the list of emulators. Works in similar way to Commando.

As script is not used to call the file, names do not have to match.

Thank guys, before I download the wrong one I see there are 4 different downloads for each version. libusb-light, libusb-ssl-distribution, libusb distribution, webif-distribution? (I assume I'm oe1.6)

Thanks again

Thank guys, before I download the wrong one I see there are 4 different downloads for each version. libusb-light, libusb-ssl-distribution, libusb distribution, webif-distribution? (I assume I'm oe1.6)

Thanks again

If you are using a fairly new image then you will be OE 2.0 and providing you are just using a card directly in the box then the web-if one will be fine :)

Cheers bobby123

As far as I'm aware the only difference in the Vix version of any cams is that the installer places the cams in usr/softcams I think it is,so to upgrade you can just place the new one in the same folder as the original ,after deleting the original, not sure if you need to manually chmod them to 755 but it won't do any harm

Thanks wiz & bobby, much appreciated! Just out of curiosity how can you tell when an image is 1.6 or 2.0oe?

Back