dodgy emails

S

skalag

ive been getting a few mail delivery errors on hotmail, emails that i didnt send, to people i dont know, are being returned to me because they contain setup.exe files that may be viruses...does anyone else get this? some of the lines on the mail are links but i dont like the idea of clicking them..what are these all about?:confused:

You get return e-mail even though you did'nt send anythink, this seems to be funny.
try sending a e-mail to a bogus addy and seeing weather it comes up with the same name, sounds to me someone is trying to give you a virus:eek:

it does sound like something going on it hafd a message saying
Hi,This is a nice game
This game is my first work.
You're the first player.
I hope you would like it.
i think his hope has been misplaced

thanx lads...the email came as "mail delivery system"..returning a failed email..how do i know have i been infected? luckily i downloaded the AVG update for KLEZ the day before the email but ive had no warnings or anything but everything seems normal

Theres no way if it can't be detected but you can just keep updating your antivirus prog but unless you downloaded anythink you should be ok;)

There is a filter on hotmail. If some get through then alter settings. Also, hotmail has an auto spam for junk mail. Works ok for for me. If you know for a fact they are **** then just block em. Wish I could say same for Outlook express. I get something like between 5 and 10 a day now. I block sender on each one. I have spam eater pro running. I can not stop them flooding me no how. Most have no return address. Can anyone help on this one. Doubt it cos I tried all I know.

Back