CD & DVD dl dvds any good ?

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
are these any good for xbox 360 games ?

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001HMVAAE/ref=ox_ya_oh_product"]HERE[/ame]

anybody know how to see what type of dye is used on blank dl dvds ?

cheers

Last edited:
i never found them to be any good when i tried them a few years back

you cant Beat Verbs ! but Aone beat verbs on price :)

As a rule I always use Verbatims but last week I thought I'd give these a punt Ridisc CMC Dye and have not had a single coaster. They spin up nicely in the xbox and seem as good as the verbs. The only drawback so far is the speed they write but at that price it's not a problem.

The discs you posted are cheaper at BP Ridisc, not sure about postage etc but they don't get a good writeup.

think ill give them a go.....if no good will use verbs...

I've used about 5 dual layer Verbatims in my life!

Overpriced nonsense if you ask me.

I use Infiniti 360's £13 for 25 from photoglossy, not coaster yet, had 4 spindles of em.

Using a trusty old Pioneer 106d with it's latest firmware.

Aone disks have worked fine for me. Got one bad batch and just took them back and swapped for another spindle

I use a brand called Arita DVD+R DL never had any probs with them at all.To be honest i use there DVD-R and CD-R too always decent priced

ive oredered the riteks from amazon plus 10 verbs from fleabay...will keep the verbs for top quality games, ie fifa and use the others for not so good games, cos i know my kids will play them once or twice and that will be that....lol :proud:

ive oredered the riteks from amazon plus 10 verbs from fleabay...will keep the verbs for top quality games, ie fifa and use the others for not so good games, cos i know my kids will play them once or twice and that will be that....lol :proud:

I burn shiloads pal, and my favourites are Infinity 360 , A-One and Arita.

if I had to select one out of those it would be Infinity.

Infiniti 360 - 8x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) WHITE FULL FACE PRINTABLE 8.5GB DVD+R (25 Digitalpromo.co.uk

Aone 8x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) FULL FACE White Inkjet Printable 8.5GB DVD+R (10 TU Digitalpromo.co.uk

Arita RITEK 2.4x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) WHITE PRINTABLE 8.5GB DVD+R (25 PACK) Digitalpromo.co.uk

IMO you are paying over the odds slightly as well pal.

:)

aint the infinti the same as aones....they have the same dye..(Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67)....just branded differently.....

My older 360 has a Hitachi drive which'll only read Verbs, the newer 360 has a Liteon which reads most things.

change and pot tweak the laser should be good to go deggsy

hmmmm..look very poor..so the dvds are different even if the dye is the same....hows that then ????????????.so where and what dye do verbs use...evryone is always on about them...lol

Back