Digital Dashboards

Spikeman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone any resources for Digital Dashboard Diagnostics and Re-programming? I'v ebeen looking around for info and equipment but all I can really find are people offering to pull chips off boards - there must be information on how to do this somewhere?

Any thing I find I will post.

Yep sorry I did mean Car Dashboards. I was just asked about a VW in particular and looking for interface tools.

Not meaning to interfere with stuff but I know of a guy who created what was called the "Dashmaster" :Clap: which could be used for various things :D: , I would like the diagrams and proggy for myself, for education purposes only of course but be careful Spikeman ;)

The poor lad spent quite a bit of time on holiday with Her maj.

Spectre m8........Im sure it is not illegal to view wireing diagrams......so why should spikeman be carefull????:confused: :confused:

Gary

No this isn't illegal to do - it's only illegal for the person to sell the car on without telling the buyer. I've heard of people giving disclaimer notices to cuctomers explaining the legal obligation and also getting a signiature from them priot to starting work.

Look at dashmaster - looks like there is a version available for $1000 us not bad, plus there is a serial version - I think I could justify that if it was for more vehicles and I was looking at making loads from it - but the following site www.de-crypt.com are an Irish company that even claim to do my specific make of tractor so I could get a project set up at work to pay for the kit.

I still feel there is more out there though hidden in forums.

I just wasn't sure of the legality of the reprogramming bit Gary :)

Spikeman. if you want to get your dash reprogramed it will cost you about £80.00 and it takes them about 5 mins. they dont pull any chips of any boards. every one thinks they do but its usually not the case. they just simply plug there tool in and reprograme the chip. and you are right about it not being illeagal. as long as you tell the person that buys the car that the milage cannot be veryfied. ( yeah right as if ) i may know of people that could reprograme your milage if it helps you.

Many thanks - I think my guy has got his done now. On a jovial note and I know we all like gossip - It appears the vehicle was a VW golf and belonged to his "bit on the side" that he sees on his regular trips across to the US! Lucky Git.

Spikeman :Clap:

Back