Dexy's announce new tour and album details

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Dexy's Midnight Runners have announced full details of their forthcoming UK tour and greatest hits compilation.

The band, who topped the UK singles chart with Geno in 1980 and Come On Eileen in 1982 - split up in 1986.

Now the band, including frontman Kevin Rowland, Pete Williams and violinist Lucy Morgan, are to return with a 17-date UK tour, reports NME.com.

The dates are as follows:

Portsmouth Guildhall (October 21)

Wolverhampton Civic Hall (23)

Leeds Grand (25)

Basingstoke The Anvil (26)

Bristol Colston Hall (28)

Cambridge Corn Exchange (29)

Guildford Civic Hall (31)

Aberdeen Music Hall (November 2)

Glasgow Pavilion (3)

Newcastle Opera House (4)

Manchester Academy (6)

Liverpool Royal Court (7)

Northampton Derngate (8)

London Royal Festival Hall (10)

Milton Keynes Stables (11)

Plymouth Pavilions (12)

Coventry Warwick Arts Centre (14)

Belfast Waterfront (16)

Leicester De Montfort Hall (18)

The compilation album, called Let's Make This Precious, is out on September 22 and will include two new tracks, Manhood and My Life In England, which are tipped for release as singles.

The full tracklisting is: Tell Me When My Light Turns To Green, Breaking Down, Geno, There There My Dear, Plan B, Show Me, Let's Make This Precious, Until I Believe, The Celtic Soul Brothers, Come On Eileen, Jackie Wilson Said (I'm In Heaven When You Smile), Let's Get This Straight (From The Start), This Is What She's Like, My National Pride, I Love You, Because Of You, My Life In England, Manhood.

A new biography of the band, also called Let's Make This Precious, is to be published by Virgin Books in November.

Back