DBOX on XBOX

TinUK

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

After pulling my hair out trying to get various scripts to work on my xbox with the dbox I came accross DboxTVviewer 0.40C. This worked instantly!
I have on my xbox XBMC 2.0.1 (11-11-06) and DigitalWorldz Pro on the dbox.
After installing it asked me some simple questions to set up and hey presto tv appeared. It is worth knowing that the uCode i was running didnt allow for encrypted channels to show, so I changed over to 0014. This solved the xbox problem now it shows all channels perfectly. I proceded to check out the dbox for performance since the uCode change and all I noticed after a day of testing is a slight crackle when changing channels, but no black screens as i was expecting!

It has a nice UI and shows EPG info.

I now have TV in the bedroom over 2 wireless routers! Jackpot!

I have attached the file and here is the contents of the readme..

Dbox TV Viewer 0.40c Released 02-11-06
-------------------------------------

This script is designed to interact with the dbox2 running the neutrino nhttpd interface and playback it's streams. This script
requires a XBMC build later than the 08-07-2006.

Features
--------

Stream TV channels to your XBMC.
Full EPG Information
Change channels Using Bouquets
Set & Delete Dbox Timer Events
Switch Between Multiple Dbox2's

Installation
------------

You can install this script using XBMC Script Installer it's in the Media:Other section, or you can install it manually.

To install the script manually onto the XBox.

1. Extract the DboxTVViewer_040b from it's archive including all the folders.
2. Using an FTP client connect to XBMC and copy the entire DboxTVViewer folder into the scripts folder under XBMC.

Configuration
-------------

The first time you lauch the script it will ask a series of questions:

1. What's your dbox IP Address
2. What's port is the nhttpd server running on, it's normally port 80.

At this point the script will test it can connect to the nhttpd interface.

3. What port is SPTS running on, it's normally port 31337 but on sportster images it's on port 31339
4. What port is PES running on it's normally 31338
5. Enable dolby streams (Yes/No), I have not been able to test this but hopefully it works ok.
6. Lock Dbox2 Remote Control (Yes/No), this locks the dbox2 remote control when the script is started and unlocks it when you exit
from the script. If your using a sportster image turn this feature on!
7. Stop Playback (Yes/No), this turns off playback to the TV screen. If your using a sportster image turn this feature on!

After a few seconds the script should now show your dbox2 channel list.

Channel Icons
-------------

If you wish to add channels icons for each channel, you can save a png file into the Channels folder with the exact name for the
channel. If your channel name has an + symbol in it, replace that with a P.

Example:-

TV Travel Shop +1

your filename would be

TV Travel Shop P1.png

Changes
-------

0.40 Added - Optional Lock TV Remote When script is running.
0.40 Added - Optional Stop playback on TV while script is running.
0.40b Added - Script now unlocks Y-Web LiveView on startup - ciabse request
0.40c Improved - TV series banner search in programme info
0.40c Changed - Script filename to match program name
0.40c Changed - Configuration filename to match software
0.40c Changed - If you enter 0 for any of the ports, when setting up your dbox it will use displayed default

Thanks Goes To Various People
-----------------------------

XBMC People

Nuka1195 for telling how to fix the script with the latest XBMC builds & telling me about the new python dialog features!
XBMC Crew for taking time to create XBMC!

Dbox2 People

dunrync for providing me with information about the dbox nhttpd control interface which got me started.
PT-1 for suggesting many of the features & reporting all the problems back to me.
ciabse & abcdef0815 on the EVO-X forums for finding & fixing the problem with sportster images.
PT-1 & psxnet for moderating one on the best english dbox forums on the web and for sharing the knowledge & information they have.
All the people who create the Dbox2 software & images.

Cheers,

Tin.

That's a great description thanks.

I had a play with this a few versions ago, but couldn't get it to record, do you use it to record?
Have you had a look at mythtv on the xbox?

W.

I also got this script to work on my xbox initially. However, after reflashing with DWPro, the script doesn't seem to work. This scripts starts up okay and pulls down the EPG from the dbox, but when I click on a channel it gets about 90% through the 'Opening file' dialog box and then the xbox freezes and I get the following error:

"AF_pre: af format: 2 bps, 2ch, 48000 hz, little endian signed int
AF_pre: 48000Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)"

I don't know who these little endians are, but they're messing things up. Changing UCODE doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas? I am using V2.0.0 of xbmc which may be a problem. Also I only selected the default settings when launching the script for the first time (I have no idea what port is the nhttpd server / SPTS / PES is running on or how to find this out).

Thanks, Matt.

No idea on those Endians, but I used the default ports when I ran for the 1st time and all was ok. I wasn't sure whether I had to leave blank for the defaults to apply so I typed them in.
I'm not sure but I think 2.0.0 XBMC can go back to earlier than the date specified for the script. You would have to check your build date.

I don't know that much about the script, just that it worked 1st time. Because I didnt have to feckle it I didnt get to know about the workings of it.

Also I havent got a large HDD in my XBOX so havent tried the recording, I record to PC anyhow.

Tin.

Last edited:
Back