Cutting Up For Summer - High Protein/Low fat meals ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Got to cup up for summer and do weights/cardio etc BUT need toi sort diet...
I have to mant currys and eat LOADS of carbs with bread/pasta as i never feel full otherwise.

Anyone got any simple recipes to get me going, these need to be quick/simple as otherwise it becomes a chore.

I have been looking for egg whites in carton but can not find them ?

Would make a simple brekkie.

Cheers

weetabix and banana for your breakfast, i don't know your size or commitment to body building as such but the amount of weetabix can vary from 3 to twelve,low fat milk,
start on a high fibre diet, ie, pasta, kidney beans, pulses, tuna, etc..
loads of water,,,

after a workout grab yourself a protein shake, your local gym will sell them or the powder to make your own,
grapefruit is an excellent snack food as the high acidity helps burn off excess fat,,
eat boneless, skinless chicken (NOT FRIED) with small new potatos for your main meal,
if you have your tea at 6:00pm, then make that your cut off time, after your tea eat absolutely nothing (except sips of water when you feel hungry) until the next morning, this tip alone will lose you about a stone in weight in a month...

as for your abs , the best excersise for abs is sit ups, but this way...
lie on the floor with the soles of your feet flat against the wall..your bottom at a distance so your legs are at a perfect 90 angle from the wall ..
DO NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ROUND THE BACK OF YOUR NECK OR HEAD as this can damage your neck/spine if you try to achieve the sit up by lifting your head with your hands,.cross your arms across your chest..like dracula in his coffin..
you have to lift and only lift using your abs, just raise your back (keeping it straight) until you feel a bite, hold for as long as you can, then slowly lower, do this several times,
NEVER OVEREXCERT as this results in injury...and it will put you off doing this excersise in the future..

Last edited:
Yeh was gonna say plenty chicken new potatos, rice, beans, wheat drink plenty water avoid bread.

Why dont you start with a bowel detox Bowel Detoxification

Also Infa red saunas are supposed to be really good for shreading the pounds off safely.

Oh and yeh eat plenty oily fish like tuna salmon pilchards are great for breaky :proud:

Might have a bowel clean out my self and do a sauna treatment plan for 2 weeks get rid of all them nasty toxins :proud:

Yeh was gonna say plenty chicken new potatos, rice, beans, wheat drink plenty water avoid bread.

Why dont you start with a bowel detox Bowel Detoxification

Also Infa red saunas are supposed to be really good for shreading the pounds off safely.

Oh and yeh eat plenty oily fish like tuna salmon pilchards are great for breaky :proud:

Might have a bowel clean out my self and do a sauna treatment plan for 2 weeks get rid of all them nasty toxins :proud:

All good ideas, but only eat oily fish 3 times a week...too much omega 3

Hi All

Got to cup up for summer and do weights/cardio etc BUT need toi sort diet...
I have to mant currys and eat LOADS of carbs with bread/pasta as i never feel full otherwise.

Anyone got any simple recipes to get me going, these need to be quick/simple as otherwise it becomes a chore.

I have been looking for egg whites in carton but can not find them ?
Would make a simple brekkie.

Cheers

Go on a website called Myprotien mate you should find em there.
Liquid Egg Whites from Myprotein

Use code MP29316 for some discount mate if you decide to buy any

Just wanted to add that by you are saying that you want muscle definition to show in which case just doing abs is not going to be enough. You need to get your body fat down and unfortunately you cannot target this by exercising a specific area.

Personally I am not looking at bulking up but changing my body shape. I have a whole grain based brekkie with a protein shake. Banana mid morning then a lunchtime weights workout. Lunch will be salad with something like a bologese sauce, chicken curry (not the heavy shit from takeaway but home made with fresh ingredients), cassorole or something. No starchy carbs like bread, rice, potatoes, pasta. Have that with second protein shake. Mid afternoon piece of fruit or veggies. Dinner around 5:30, again no starchy carbs and if I have meat it will be fish or chicken if possible. Then around 7:30 fruit smoothie before cardio workout at 8pm (normally 30 minute jog or 45 minutes rowing in front of the TV). With main meals, watch your portion sizes.

As I said this is diet is not going to work if you are trying to bulk but you will lose fat.

I just want to tone up basically but find it near impossible to avoid masses of carbs.

If i don't i am constantly tired/hungry.

Had egg whites/onion/peppers for brekkie and was craving carbs about hour later.

I found the first couple of weeks with my change I felt the same but it does get better as your body gets used to it. Other thing I found I used to get by on 4 or 5 hours sleep a night and now I aim for 7 hours minimum if possible.

dont ditch the carbs still eat them but slow release ones like porridge oats, brown rice, sweet potatos etc its all about macro nurients im now starting to cut after a really good bulk every meal have your protein, carbs and fats 6 or 7 times a day and have a cheat day i can sent you a sample diet if you want just need to know weight etc

myprotein do a great all in one protein called hurricane xs its got everything in it carbs protein, hmb etc. i would depending on budget get some of that and some slow release cassin protein for bed time. BCAA will all help build lean muscle or some CLA.

and remeber you cant target fat loss from one area and you cant tone muscle only build it or lose it you get the toned look from losing the fat around it.

weetabix and banana for your breakfast, i don't know your size or commitment to body building as such but the amount of weetabix can vary from 3 to twelve,low fat milk,
start on a high fibre diet, ie, pasta, kidney beans, pulses, tuna, etc..
loads of water,,,

after a workout grab yourself a protein shake, your local gym will sell them or the powder to make your own,
grapefruit is an excellent snack food as the high acidity helps burn off excess fat,,
eat boneless, skinless chicken (NOT FRIED) with small new potatos for your main meal,
if you have your tea at 6:00pm, then make that your cut off time, after your tea eat absolutely nothing (except sips of water when you feel hungry) until the next morning, this tip alone will lose you about a stone in weight in a month...

as for your abs , the best excersise for abs is sit ups, but this way...
lie on the floor with the soles of your feet flat against the wall..your bottom at a distance so your legs are at a perfect 90 angle from the wall ..
DO NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ROUND THE BACK OF YOUR NECK OR HEAD as this can damage your neck/spine if you try to achieve the sit up by lifting your head with your hands,.cross your arms across your chest..like dracula in his coffin..
you have to lift and only lift using your abs, just raise your back (keeping it straight) until you feel a bite, hold for as long as you can, then slowly lower, do this several times,
NEVER OVEREXCERT as this results in injury...and it will put you off doing this excersise in the future..

Cheers

Very hard to stick to a routine as i work shifts. I try to not eat any complex carbs after 6pm, so if i eat in work on nights about 9-10pm i have chicken breast and green veg.

Back