Software Clone windows 10 to ssd

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guy's trying to change my hardrive to a ssd drive..I'm trying to clone my window 10 installation to a ssd ..was wondering what software to use..ta

Not done that but most cloning software should do the job, easier if it's a desktop rather than a laptop though.

EaseUS Todo Backup should sort that out for you, it's compatible with Windows 10 and free.

It also has an SSD optimiser option.

paragon backup is what i use at work also someone here previously suggested acronis backup which i tired and is good too.

The drive I have is 1tb normal drive ..I have a 120gb ssd drive that I want to clone too...I'm using about 50 gig on the old drive..ive tried easeus and macrimus ..keep getting errors...seems like the hard drive im cloning is to big for the 120gb ssd drive...also it mentions something about partitions??

give this a shot partition the 1TB drive with Windows Disk management so the main portion is 60gb and clone that portion that?

With SSD and Windows 10 on USB, you can reinstall it in 5 minutes,
Reinstalling/copying other programs and files takes some time, but you'll have a "cleaner" system

Give Acronis a go, dependant on which hard drive you bought you can sometimes get a free basic download, failing that download a copy of Hirens BootCd that has some old cloning software that should work.

Good luck!

There are two ways:
1) CloneDisk (byte-to-byte cloning)
or
2) EasyTool PartitionWizard - to copy the partitions to other disk (useful if partitions needs to be resized). You will need to fix BCD references of Windows installation as it won't boot correctly right after cloning.

You can easely do this with marcrium reflect

1. Download Macrium Reflect Free and install the software.

2. Start the software as soon as you have installed it.

3. In the main screen of the software you see in the right screen the disks that are connected to your computer. Select your drive by ticking the box under the icon of the drive. Then choose the 'Clone this disk' option at the bottom.

4. A new screen appears. Select the 'Select a disk to clone to' option here and choose your new SSD.

5. You see that the disks are divided into smaller pieces. These are your partitions. Remove any current partitions on the new SSD by selecting them and on 'Delete existing partition'. Then select the partitions on the source disk and press the option 'Copy selected partitions'. Is your new drive bigger than the old one? Then you can make a partition larger by selecting it and pressing 'Cloned Paritition Properties' and adjusting it here. Then press 'Ok' and then 'Next'.

6. Press 'Next' again. You now get an overview of the settings. Take it through and press 'Finish'. Choose a name for the backup and press 'Ok', followed by 'Continue'. The cloning process starts. When this process is finished you can use the disk.

Back