CD & DVD clone cd ?

zapper

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anyone tell me how do i get clone cd to copy cd to cd faster ?, I have clone cd 4 when i copy a cd it take;s about 15 to 20 min to copy how can i get it to copy faster many thank;s

Think you will find it depends on the speed of your writer and what you are writing.

CD to CD will be slower than writing from h/drive to cd (but this can also depend on h/drive speed), takes me approx 8-10 mins to write full cd to hard drive and back to a cd

clone cd?

I have a liton 24x10x40 cd writer in my pc . I did find that the older clone cd software was faster at writing anything i can do to make it faster? many thank;s

It sounds as if DMA mode may not be enabled :eek:

You didn't say what OS you're using m8 but if you are using XP...

Go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager and then right-click on IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers for the channels your CD drives are using click properties go to Advanced Settings tab and in the Transfer Mode pulldown menu ensure that "DMA if available" is selected.

:)

Slightly off the subject but I was using CloneCD 4.0.0.1 with my LiteON and the audio CDs I wrote 'clicked' and were heavily distorted :( I will go back to an older version for now but was wondering if you experience anything similar.

You may find that latest Clone is rather intellegent and will perhaps try and overide even manual settings (henceforth) in order to try and give the best copies and results that it can.

clone cd?

hi spectr thank;s for the advice but i;m useing window;s 98se any advice many thank;s

Please give us a bit more info on the tackle you are using so that we may advise further.

clone cd?

i am useing windows 98se on a packard bell club 50 400mhz. I have a liton cd writer 24x10x40. I am useing clone cd 4.0.1.10 hope this help;s u advice me ok many thank;s for your reply;s

There isn't much difference to where the DMA setting is, may as well check it in case :)

Control panel > System > then the Device Manager tab > doubleclick on CDROM, then right click on each of your drives that appear and go to Properties go to the Settings tab of the window that pops up and make sure that DMA is checked.

Without DMA enabled read is limited to 8x or so.

Try using the Drive Speed utility that comes with Nero if you have it just to see what speed you are actually getting.

Back