CCTV Of Steven Gerrard 'In Nightclub Brawl'

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
CCTV footage has been released showing England star Steven Gerrard allegedly involved in a nightclub brawl.

The 25-minute video has been shown in court as prosecutors outline a case of affray against the Liverpool captain.

It shows the 29-year-old dancing and singing along with a group of friends at the Lounge Inn, in Southport, Merseyside, in the early hours of December 29.

Only hours earlier, Gerrard had scored twice in Liverpool's 5-1 trouncing of Newcastle United.

But it is claimed he "totally lost it" and hit a man "with the style and speed of a professional boxer" during a brawl over music.

He allegedly launched the assault on businessman Marcus McGee after the victim refused to hand over control of a CD player.

David Turner QC, prosecuting, told Liverpool Crown Court that Gerrard asked McGee for a card controlling the CD player, saying: "Here y'are lad. Give me that lad."

Mr Turner said: "Mr McGee took offence at his attitude and the expression "lad" and he refused.

"Not many people on Merseyside, or indeed anywhere else, would refuse a request from Steven Gerrard but Mr McGee did.

"There can be no doubt that this refusal astounded Steven Gerrard.

"He walked away back to his party but CCTV shows how much his mood had changed.

"He was no longer the centre of that high spirited party.

"He was clearly walking around pondering, musing over what had happened - about the man who said 'no' to Steven Gerrard."

After about six minutes Gerrard returned to the victim who was sitting alone at the bar and allegedly confronted him with the words: "Who the f*** do you think you are?"

Mr McGee, who was not a DJ but was in charge of music for the night, stood up to Gerrard, Mr Turner said.

The pair were head to head, he said, "in the sort of hostile confrontation that is often seen between professional footballers".

The grainy footage, highlighted for the jury in a lightened ring, allegedly shows one of Gerrard's friends push Mr McGee and follow through with an elbow.

A scuffle ensues in which Gerrard appears to throw uppercuts at Mr McGee.

The player is next seen on camera being held back by a friend and apparently explaining what had happened.

Steven Gerrard Bar Brawl Trial: CCTV Released Of Liverpool And England Footballer | UK News | Sky News

not clear enough 4 me ,but whats good 4 1 good 4 all ,not seen build up, media trial so far imho , dannyrp03

Ah I posted this earlier myself lol but can't find it now maybe it was removed as a duplicate.

It looks like Gerrard get's cracked twice before hitting back but like others have said the footage isn't very good.

I can't see the CPS getting a prosecution out of it tbh.

Ah I posted this earlier myself lol but can't find it now maybe it was removed as a duplicate.

It looks like Gerrard get's cracked twice before hitting back but like others have said the footage isn't very good.

I can't see the CPS getting a prosecution out of it tbh.

gerrard gets cracked twice?? looks like gerrards m8 elbows the guy then gerrard starts laying into him with uppercuts, didnt/ couldnt see anyone throw a punch at gerrard

lock the fooker up, deserves all he gets. scum just like barton

typical footballer who needs the backing of his m8's to take someone on

they are a bunch of spineless f*ckers who think they can do wot they like

i hope he gets banged up

strange how no one has laid into gerrard considering barton / bowyer got battered by the press

I think its bollox young men fight everyday in pubs give him his 12 month conditional discharge and forget about it ffs what a crock

theres not even any proving injuries apart from a slight bruise lmao

even if he is awarded money he still sue him in another court for other things like medical expenses, loss of earnings, mental problems

hand bags at dawn slight bruise to the left nostrel lol I thought stevey was harder then that 3 uppercuts aswell he didnt even rock a nasel hair scousers for ya all mouth :Cheers:

like kev in the movie (going of big time ) having a fight on the bouncy castle what a good show:Cheers: true scouser material

I think its bollox young men fight everyday in pubs give him his 12 month conditional discharge and forget about it ffs what a crock

theres not even any proving injuries apart from a slight bruise lmao

Yup. A fight in a pub.
Big deal.

Just because he makes £100,000 a week or whatever stupid amount he gets paid doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to be an arrogant ****** when he goes out on the piss, or at any other time for that matter.

Yup. A fight in a pub.
Big deal.

Just because he makes £100,000 a week or whatever stupid amount he gets paid doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to be an arrogant ****** when he goes out on the piss, or at any other time for that matter.

agree mate

lock the coont up for 6 months they will sort him out in showers

Back