Capello Backs Beckham For Recall

Welshboy Taffy

Inactive User
Reaction score
capello_204988.jpg

Real Madrid coach Fabio Capello believes David Beckham deserves a recall to the England squad.

david-beckham.jpg

Beckham has not represented his country since last summer's World Cup but the 32-year-old could be brought back into the international fold for next month's friendly with Brazil and the crucial Euro 2008 trip to Estonia.

England coach Steve McClaren names his squad for those matches tomorrow, and Capello is backing Beckham's inclusion.

"I believe that he has never been in better form in the last two years than he is now, and he agreed with me," Capello said today.

"I have told him that I cannot understand how someone playing so well can be left out of his national team."

Beckham, who relinquished the England captaincy following the World Cup, has been a key figure for Madrid in recent months as the Spanish side chase a first league title since 2003.

Madrid are currently level on 69 points with Barcelona at the top of the Primera Liga standings, but hold the advantage over the two-time reigning champions due to their superior head-to-head record against the Catalan side this season.

That means Madrid will claim the title if they win their remaining three league matches, starting with tomorrow's home encounter with Deportivo La Coruna.

Beckham, who has failed to win a single major trophy since joining Madrid four years ago, is leaving the Bernabeu this summer to join Major League Soccer side Los Angeles Galaxy.

So do you think he should get a second change ???

I would say yes but JT still the captain and with Hargreaves knee problem could keep him out of the England squad to play Brazil and Estonia i think he would be perfect to brink in and give gerrard the holding midfield role.

i agree , hes still a great crosser of the ball , he would be an asset for the team

dont know about playing . he should be made manager . even player manager . footballs he life . he has passion and thats wot we need

Last edited:
he might have all the things peeps say, but i think its time to move forward not backward............

sorry beck's.............

pick players by form not age. Becks is quality and if that LUPOLARD can play why can't he play for England

Lampard is over rated he needs replacing get someone like Hargreaves holding midfield and give Gerrard the free role in middle. Have Joe Cole and Lennon and Beckham as the main wingers and Have Rooney with Owen up front. defense the usual 4 and keeper possibly give that to Foster when FIT.

Back