can anybody help

emerson1

Member +
Reaction score
a friend of mine has got a vauxhall corsa and the other day he accidently disconnected his radio and now when he puts his car on the radio just says SAFE MODE all the time does anybody know how we can get it to work please the year of the car is T reg and it is a proper vauxhall radio

Easy that one m8, the wrong code must have been input. What you have to do is leave your ignition on and your radio for anywhere from 30 mins to an hour and the head unit will reset itself. Did the same thing my self, it's a pain but it works.

Good Luck.

just a hint for others, alot of head units increase the time u have to wait for the code input to come up, everytime u enter an incorrect code. i.e. enter it once wrong wait 10mins, twice wrong 20mins, etc.....

To enter the code into the radio (Phillips, Delco,VDO.) you will need to turn the ignition on then press and hold in the "AS" button while switching on the radio (safe is displayed) after about 5 seconds there will be a short tone and the display will say CODE then - - - -. Enter code using buttons 1 to 4 then when you are sure that it is correct press and hold the "AS" button untill a further tone is heard. Job sorted.

tried turning ignition on for 30 mins but that didnt work so i will find out what model it is and let you know

number of remaining attempts is indicated on left of screen / if not all used up / switch of ignition and head unit /press and hold as button while turning on radio/ wait for confirmation beep/then release control and display should read "safe" in whatever language / using preset buttons which represent each row of numbers / keep pressing each button till you get the desired number for each row / press as button again / 3 secconds wait for beep and there you go.
if this dont work / its been locked out by to many go's / to un lock wait with radio on for maximum of 640 minutes depending on how many failed attemts before you can decode it.if this don't work there have been to many attemts and only the dealer can sort it. hope this is of help.

Do you have the code?

Do you have the code?

If you do try this...

number of remaining attempts is indicated on left of screen / if not all used up / switch of ignition and head unit /press and hold as button while turning on radio/ wait for confirmation beep/then release control and display should read "safe" in whatever language / using preset buttons which represent each row of numbers / keep pressing each button till you get the desired number for each row / press as button again / 3 secconds wait for beep and there you go.
if this dont work / its been locked out by to many go's / to un lock wait with radio on for maximum of 640 minutes depending on how many failed attemts before you can decode it.if this don't work there have been to many attemts and only the dealer can sort it. hope this is of help.

yeh sounds like the wrong code has been input more than 5 times turn power off then on press AS button then tone enter the right code if you dont have the code if you take the chissis number to a dealer thay will serply the code for about three quid

by the time youve tried the dealers and all the mucking about rou could have got a cheap one out the local yellow paper and the stereos fitted to corsas are crap anyway.. i dont know about doncaster but up in my area of scotland i can sometimes pick up head units and multichangers for as low as £50...none of the cheap crap either i have a mate who has just sold a kenwood multichanger for £40 but it was missing the plastic surround from the head unit...theres also the car booty at cross green in leeds not far from you.....

Back