BUG: Enigma can crash when swapping CCcam files

F1Mad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've managed to trigger this error a few times now, and I think it's because the selection of options is not "transactional". Let me explain what I mean...

To swap between 2 CCcam config files, you must name them CCcam_1.cfg and CCcam_2.cfg, and place them in the "/etc" directory. Then, when you select "Blue Button > CCcam Info > Menu button", you get to choose which file to use. You can either select the right config file and click "OK", or you can use the Green Button to "Activate". Now, what this does is copy which ever file selected to "CCcam.cfg". If that file doesn't exist first, then Enigma crashes and reboots itself. I know, this is silly - why doesn't is just create the file if it doesn't exist?

Anyway, if the file already exists, it creates a backup of the previous CCcam.cfg file called CCcam.cfg.backup. However, because it seems I can make a selection twice (ie the 2nd selection before the result of the 1st selection has completed), the operation can be caught in the middle and it won't be able to find the cccam.cfg file - as before, Enigma will crash.

Now, it should be a trivial thing to create a new cccam.cfg file if it doesn't already exist. At least this would avoid an Enigma crash, right??

I have just loaded Delite CCcam switch and it works fine from the panels. I have asked the person who posted the file on another forum if it is ok to post elsewhere. I'll do so when he responds.

The switcher made seven files in/var/etc/

DeliteCCCSwitch.cfg
CCcam_0.cfg
CCcam_1.cfg
CCcam_2.cfg
CCcam_3.cfg
CCcam_4.cfg
CCcam_5.cfg

0 is a copy of original.
The rest are copies which are editable for use. It has not crashed my receiver. Using 14/03/12 Non-P image.

There is an issue with the switcher on IQ image when going through the CCcam info section.

Below is another switcher which will appear in the plugins folder. Tested on 24/04/12. Many thanks to Satmanbasil

Attachments

• CccamSwitch Satmanbasil.rar
    4.8 KB · Views: 24
Attached are the python scripts called upon when the built-in CCcam switch crashes.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Attachments

• TM- Twin CCcam switch crash.rar
    17.2 KB · Views: 13
Back