British Gas Hive

+1 on Nest I keep looking at that. there is about to be an update to control hot water if thats what you need :)

But then I wonder how much if any will it save me, we have a log burner and the position of the Nest controller would mean I would still have to over ride it to get heat into the bedrooms.

+1 on Nest I keep looking at that. there is about to be an update to control hot water if thats what you need :)

But then I wonder how much if any will it save me, we have a log burner and the position of the Nest controller would mean I would still have to over ride it to get heat into the bedrooms.

We are about to get an inset fire installed tomorrow. We were going to go for a log burner but after discussing with the guy he said that the gas version of the same fire is probably more effective and cost efficient for our needs.

The fire has a remote control which I am sure I can do some magic with a raspberry pi to do remotely (but I would be scared as it is a gas fire! Would need a camera on it too).

It should heat pretty much all of downstairs and the room directly above, but I still want to be in control of my central heating/water remotely. Just nice to know that I can put the water on now for an extra shower should I need it.

Unfortunately where we live the water pressure is very low which means we need a gravity system. Combination Boilers are not effective otherwise I would just have a combi and would have then probably gone for the Nest.

Back