Bringing Back the Memories

Nice post m8

Nice reading remanissing old times, what about the tank made from an elastic band matchstick a piece of candle and the cotton bobin??
Cutting the tonge out of your shoes for your catapult and the bike innertube for elastic.
Bring back the dicipline and law & order and what would happen then????

A lot of this came about because of Sundays. Younger members may not realise, but the only shops which used to be open on a Sunday were local corner shops and not much else. No out of town places, public transport worse on a Sunday than even today and much less cars on the road meant we had to find something to do, so we invented stuff. Custard powder bombs being my personal favourite. None of this was for destruction, just to make a loud noise and have a laugh in a field somewhere. A small plank of wood and length of rope to make a Tarzan rope too. Other stuff we used to get up to was putting stones in car wheel trims. A right clatter and impossible for the driver to find. All of this horseplay carried over into adulthood too. My brother used to have a brand new moped and secretly, I used to keep topping up his fuel tank everyday after he got in from work with a fuel can. He was amazed that he was getting about 1000 miles to the gallon! I did this until he took it in for a service then I stopped completely. Poor sod ground to a halt by the Tuesday and nearly killled the guy in the garage cos fuel consumption had rocketed since the service! Great fun.

Anonwelder said:
My brother used to have a brand new moped and secretly, I used to keep topping up his fuel tank everyday after he got in from work with a fuel can. He was amazed that he was getting about 1000 miles to the gallon! I did this until he took it in for a service then I stopped completely. Poor sod ground to a halt by the Tuesday and nearly killled the guy in the garage cos fuel consumption had rocketed since the service!

lmfao :mexican:

Back